Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wrecked 95 Echelon Project NEED HELP

Making the 200 response windshield work would be easier than fixing your current one. If it is too wide you can narrow the center piece which should not be too difficult

I think the width will be ok and even the curve is looking like it will match up but the problem is the length. My boat doesn't have a flat gunwhale like the 2000 response, other than hacking apart the gunwhale the only other option is to cut off the end of the frame and the glass to make it fit.

I'm not having ANY luck finding boat salvage yards anywhere remotely close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area or anywhere in the U.S. even. Does anyone know where these old inboards go to die??

I understand that the production numbers aren't like cars (hence limited parts availability for old boats) but there has to be some out there.

Edited by WesK

I think the width will be ok and even the curve is looking like it will match up but the problem is the length. My boat doesn't have a flat gunwhale like the 2000 response, other than hacking apart the gunwhale the only other option is to cut off the end of the frame and the glass to make it fit.

I'm not having ANY luck finding boat salvage yards anywhere remotely close to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area or anywhere in the U.S. even. Does anyone know where these old inboards go to die??

I understand that the production numbers aren't like cars (hence limited parts availability for old boats) but there has to be some out there.

There is a big boat graveyard somewhere on hwy 70 just west of Granstburg WI that I've seen a bunch of times on my way to Cable. I have no idea what it is called, but here it is on a map. Also have no idea what they might have in stock, but you can see a crapload of boats from the google satellite mode.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7718207,-92.7357229,337m/data=!3m1!1e3

Streetview isn't good enough to read the sign.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.773146,-92.736714,3a,75y,167.19h,90.64t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sD3XFJ7lybcsa-aJrtU86WA!2e0

Edited by oldjeep

It would take some tinkering, but you could use the Response center 3 pieces and graft your rear traingles onto them. If you don't have the glass for the rear triangles you could use lexan in them or have some made. Or leave them empty for now and come back to it later. Or use the center 3 pieces and build a brace to the deck. Tons of options will open up once you have pieces in hand.

MC 205 and many other boats used the same Taylor Made windshield as our Echelons and many of them had the same beam back then, unlike now. Unfortunately it takes someone willing to measure if you can't get to it in person.

Found it

Tim's Repairs Inc

14659 State Road 70

Grantsburg, WI 54840

Phone: (715) 463-2203

WOW that is alot of boats he has out back. Funny that place never came up through days of searching. I've got a cabin in Barnes, WI so I'll check it out over Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks for the tip!

WOW that is alot of boats he has out back. Funny that place never came up through days of searching. I've got a cabin in Barnes, WI so I'll check it out over Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks for the tip!

Let us know what is out there. Driven by it dozens of times and was never quite curious enough to stop.

It would take some tinkering, but you could use the Response center 3 pieces and graft your rear traingles onto them. If you don't have the glass for the rear triangles you could use lexan in them or have some made. Or leave them empty for now and come back to it later. Or use the center 3 pieces and build a brace to the deck. Tons of options will open up once you have pieces in hand.

MC 205 and many other boats used the same Taylor Made windshield as our Echelons and many of them had the same beam back then, unlike now. Unfortunately it takes someone willing to measure if you can't get to it in person.

I never thought of taking my back 2 pieces and getting them to work with the Center 3 sections. I in fact DO have the side glass pieces, those are the only ones that survived the building collapse so that may be an option.

I'll widen my search for MC windshields of the same era of tow boats and just plan on having to modify it in some manner. Sure would be nice if a windshield that just bolted right on fell into my lap but that wouldn't be any fun!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Let us know what is out there. Driven by it dozens of times and was never quite curious enough to stop.

Will do, there may be just alot of old fishing boats but you never know what these guys have laying around. I'll grab all the Malibu parts he has if any because I KNOW someone could use them on here.