Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Folding new tower on 2015 Axis A22

BrianRusson

We just got our 2015 Axis A22 with the new white/grayskull tower, but when we lower it it sits directly on the driver's chair and it appears that the point from the tower will eventually puncture the seat...anyone else with this same issue?

We use a piece of 2x4, with a half circle cut out of the end, mounted to a flat plate to hold our tower off the seats when we lower it for the winter storage months. It works really well and cradles the heavy tower (rev 410's on tower) right above our seats.

Check with your dealer. They ship boats with a factory made "cheap" tower holder and it works really well for supporting the tower while pulling the boat in and out of our garage.

I am not sure if you are talking about the tower or the bracket that flips up to hold the tower. On our boat, my tower nor the bracket touch the driver seat. The board racks hit the gunnel before the tower comes close to seat. (I also don't have the seat pushed all the way forward nor turned around. It is left where I can comfortably sit and I am 6.0'.

To move into the garage, I slide rear seat forward about 1' and put a 4x4" post on top of the box to hold tower up. Once in the garage I have clamps that hold tower to ceiling.

We just got our 2015 Axis A22 with the new white/grayskull tower, but when we lower it it sits directly on the driver's chair and it appears that the point from the tower will eventually puncture the seat...anyone else with this same issue?

just slide the seat all the way back. I fold the tower every time I put the boat in my garage.