Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Two new products - Very Pleased!

Murphy8166

I have been looking for a plug that will go into the 1-1/8 flow rite quick connects to prevent water flow when the bag is not present and quick connect is seperated from male counterpart. I spoke with the guys over at flow-rite and they just came out with such a product (MA-098). I saw where Fman plumbed his line back into a overflow drain / this is probably the next best solution with a bit more ease.

Next things I was in search for was some who made a bracket for the carling contura switches that we use in various switch amount. I found a guy out in Utah that makes them out of Aluminum and then powercoats them to a slightly gritty black finish. They are very thin, strong enough to hold the switches and comes in a panel mount of L bracket mount. Pretty affordable as well.

Here are some pictures. I will post the info for the bracket in the "deal street" forum.

TMCC_zpsvhogodlq.jpg

TMC_zpsarurar0p.jpg

• Like 2

I am confused, how does that fitting eliminate water coming out a fill line if pump is turned on and not connected to a bag? Is it plugged? Wouldn't the Johnson pump blow that thing right off?

My fill line for bow bag has a male fitting on it to accept the female quick disconnect line. I'm just not following how this would be used.

Edited by Fman

That cap is glued and screwed on and locks in place with red clip. You unclip the red clip and pull the stopper out and pkug the elbow in the bag fitting.

Same concept as a screw on top of a plastic bottle of soda...does that make sense?

Edited by Murphy8166

That cap is glued and screwed on and locks in place with red clip. You unclip the red clip and pull the stopper out and pkug the elbow in the bag fitting.

Same concept as a screw on top of a plastic bottle of soda...does that make sense?

Heres what I made.

81946293-C4F5-4BCF-8425-9CCA54E6F895_zps

I'm going to go out and say I would not want a closed system with a Johnson pump. If you did turn on that pump I believe something would end up blowing off. These pumps are way to powerful to have a capped system.... Just my .02...maybe someone can try it and prove me wrong :-)

I have a cap for my bow system as well (see pics below). I haven't tested it yet, but I'm with Fman... it worries me for two reasons:

1) As mentioned, will the cap hold up to to the extreme pressure?

2) Assuming it does, then what? Assuming I realize the error and switch the pump off, there will still be water in the line, right? So when I take the cap off to attach the hose to bow bag, won't a bunch of water immediately dump out into my cup holders and all over my bow?

20150501_155814_zpsbng5v42d.jpg

20150501_155834_zpshyelbfax.jpg

Good news is there is a high probability it will never get turned on when not needed. After running them for 5 years now I can't recall one time where a pump came on with defective switch or someone accidentally turning it on. However, It's always nice to have a "just in case" plan....