Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Add PnP or separate pumps?

superjet

Also there are two ways to do the separate pumps. Either two aerators per bag or one reversible per bag. The advantage of the reversible is it sucks every little bit of water out of the bags. The aerators use a lot less power and still get 95% of the water unless you either pick up on the front of the bag or drive slow with the bow up.

I went with aerators because of power usage and they are quieter and can be run dry without damage.

Also there are two ways to do the separate pumps. Either two aerators per bag or one reversible per bag. The advantage of the reversible is it sucks every little bit of water out of the bags. The aerators use a lot less power and still get 95% of the water unless you either pick up on the front of the bag or drive slow with the bow up.

I went with aerators because of power usage and they are quieter and can be run dry without damage.

Thanks...what's the advantage of using less power? Did you have issues with the Johnsons?

My 2013 23 LSV doesn't have PnP. Should I buy the PnP kit or separate pumps for the Sumo's that will go in the rear lockers? :dontknow:

+1 for Johnson pumps, will definitely drain much better, and fill times will probably be similar. The only downfall to running Johnson pumps is you can't run them dry, really need to pay attention when the bags are empty or else you destroy the impeller. Would also recommend venting the bags (one way check valve) to allow air to escape out all the bags and prevent bags from bursting if you ever forgot to shut pumps of when filling.

I run piggy back 750 sumos in my 2013 VLX and love the set up now that I have two drain lines. I also run a reversible pump for my front triangle and we prefer the piggy back over the reversible.

The piggy back must have 2 drain lines. It is faster and quieter and works through factory breather and overflow also cheaper to install.

This is my opinion and no one else seems to agree but I think it is a combination of the 2013 larger pumps , drain lines and the sumos having lager ports all working together.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run piggy back 750 sumos in my 2013 VLX and love the set up now that I have two drain lines. I also run a reversible pump for my front triangle and we prefer the piggy back over the reversible.

The piggy back must have 2 drain lines. It is faster and quieter and works through factory breather and overflow also cheaper to install.

This is my opinion and no one else seems to agree but I think it is a combination of the 2013 larger pumps , drain lines and the sumos having lager ports all working together.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might try this first. I don't think I'll be out anything extra as I'll need the hoses and fittings even if I put the Johnsons in later. Is that right?

If you have a lot plumbed like me, 8 pumps going at one time + stereo + whatever else thats going on can pull a lot of electricity. The only Johnson pump is my bow bag so it can be hooked up with a single hose. I have to pay close attention to it because I'm the only one on the boat that can understand how to work everything so I like to keep it as low risk as possible. If I didn't use the aerators I would have had a lot of impellers burn up by now.

If you have a lot plumbed like me, 8 pumps going at one time + stereo + whatever else thats going on can pull a lot of electricity. The only Johnson pump is my bow bag so it can be hooked up with a single hose. I have to pay close attention to it because I'm the only one on the boat that can understand how to work everything so I like to keep it as low risk as possible. If I didn't use the aerators I would have had a lot of impellers burn up by now.

I won't have that much going on. Should be ok.