Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 New ISSUE with Touch Screen -

Fwiw, 180+ hours and not one issue with any screen in my vlx. I also don't have my stereo tied into the touch screen, maybe this has something to do with it?  I also don't have a start code, and only use it for blower, heater and lights.

I think if you take into consideration how many screens have been sold there is a relatively very low failure rate.  Not that it does not happen, but I think overall it is a pretty low occurrence. 

And tmc is a great forum for all of us, but could also be a platform for trolls/competitors to log in and make a post about there failing screens or any other problem they want to make up.  I would hope this would not happen, but competition is competiton, it would not surprise me if it has happened before.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Fman said:

Fwiw, 180+ hours and not one issue with any screen in my vlx. I also don't have my stereo tied into the touch screen, maybe this has something to do with it?  I also don't have a start code, and only use it for blower, heater and lights.

I think if you take into consideration how many screens have been sold there is a relatively very low failure rate.  Not that it does not happen, but I think overall it is a pretty low occurrence. 

And tmc is a great forum for all of us, but could also be a platform for trolls/competitors to log in and make a post about there failing screens or any other problem they want to make up.  I would hope this would not happen, but competition is competiton, it would not surprise me if it has happened before.

Frank

I wish it was a low occurrence situation, but unfortunately this hasn't been the case for me. Skiers Pier is scheduled to come out again tomorrow to install my 4th 7" screen, a new cable, and also replace the 12" screen. Totally sucks, but there is some hope that this community's input will help resolve it. The sooner we get it figured out=less competitors to spread their word.

13 hours ago, gdmatson said:

Frank

I wish it was a low occurrence situation, but unfortunately this hasn't been the case for me. Skiers Pier is scheduled to come out again tomorrow to install my 4th 7" screen, a new cable, and also replace the 12" screen. Totally sucks, but there is some hope that this community's input will help resolve it. The sooner we get it figured out=less competitors to spread their word.

From what I heard there was a couple of batches of screens that had issues and it took a while for the supplier to isolate exactly which batches and date range that was having them. Malibu released a service bulletin a while back covering it.

Speculation, but I suspect your issues may either have not been the screen itself or you were getting screens that were in the range of bad batches.

7 inch was replaced today in a quick turn around time frame (surprise to me ) looking forward to a great weekend.  I appreciate everyone trying to help the issues at hand.  Let you know how things go.  

So here's a question that begs to be answered, So it is a known problem with all these 12" and 7" screens, Mine was well documented as I have been messing with mine for 2 seasons now, Fast forward to 2018 when my factory warranty is up, Should Malibu still be responsible for the warranty of these if we all experience the same failures in the future? 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

So here's a question that begs to be answered, So it is a known problem with all these 12" and 7" screens, Mine was well documented as I have been messing with mine for 2 seasons now, Fast forward to 2018 when my factory warranty is up, Should Malibu still be responsible for the warranty of these if we all experience the same failures in the future? 

I'm thinking that exact same thing, if not... I'm out!

First I need to apologize for my phone's spell checker Fman. Don't have a clue how it ended up with Frank, lol.

A special thanks to Wakesetter67's very well documented experience. They dealer finally sent out a tech yesterday. Since the 7" was replaced with a new 2015 model last week, he started by changing out the 12" and the cat5 cable. That was a good decision. As of now, my screen is no longer flickering every 5 seconds. At this point, it seems my problem was a compatibility issue between the 2 screens. For reference, my old 12" screen was a version "D" and the replacement is a version "M". The version "M" screen had a manufacturer date of 7/2015. Each time they replaced the 7" screens(3), the 12" would start flickering within 5 min and not stop after that. We tested the new 12" screen for about 45 minutes and all is good so far.

Hope my experience helps someone else!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gdmatson said:

First I need to apologize for my phone's spell checker Fman. Don't have a clue how it ended up with Frank, lol.

A special thanks to Wakesetter67's very well documented experience. They dealer finally sent out a tech yesterday. Since the 7" was replaced with a new 2015 model last week, he started by changing out the 12" and the cat5 cable. That was a good decision. As of now, my screen is no longer flickering every 5 seconds. At this point, it seems my problem was a compatibility issue between the 2 screens. For reference, my old 12" screen was a version "D" and the replacement is a version "M". The version "M" screen had a manufacturer date of 7/2015. Each time they replaced the 7" screens(3), the 12" would start flickering within 5 min and not stop after that. We tested the new 12" screen for about 45 minutes and all is good so far.

Hope my experience helps someone else!

Yes I think we are all on to something, Mine has been great until I hit a snag with the Power wedge, Should be back on the water this week to log more HR's But mines been flawless since the 12" change!

• 2 years later...

2015 Malibu VLX start/stop button and hard key would not start engine, had to switch of batteries and wait for an hour to restart boat with touch button