Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 New ISSUE with Touch Screen -

Is the firmware version publicly available or do I need to contact the dealer? I'm not positive what version mine is on.... It's a 2011, should I be on the version posted above?

The software prior to 2015 had a completely different naming convention.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm at 50 hours on my boat now, running the 022015 firmware and yesterday I had the screen lockup again on me. I was forced to do a hard reboot. Today, while driving the boat during a surf set, the Maliview started going half black with black lines across the screen. I'm suspecting I have either faulty hardware, wiring issues, or they haven't gotten their firmware locked down as much as we hoped yet. I'll be reaching out to my dealership this week again to see what they suggest, I really don't want to loose water time for this if they don't have a fix, but I don't want to keep going until they get this resolved. ARGH....

I'm at 37 hours and also running 022015 version and no issues at this point with new update. Keep us posted on what your dealer says, hope they can get it figured out for you.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

2015 VLX 22 65 hrs

My 7" screen is going nuts! I can not upload a video or I would, but basically its like watching a ghost pushing buttons like a mad man. The screen switches from stereo, to controls, to map back and forth and shuts off the stereo and back on. GOING NUTS!

Edited by TMAY

^^^ totally normal, deselect hyper-mode on main 12" screen and you will be good to go.

I would check your connections under the helm and make sure they are all tight. Does it do it all the time? Have you tried shutting off the batteries and rebooting entire system from start up?

I also had some issues with my command center after 25 hours, it would go on and off while going down the lake if I hit a wake and shook the boat a bit. About a week before it started doing this it would lock up, touch screen would not work (no touch response), big screen would come on but the little screen would not. it would also lock on and the power button would do nothing or vise versa.

I called my dealer and they said bring it in will replace the power button. I've had it out four times since then and have had no issues . They told me that the power button was bad, they have seen this issue quite a bit on the 2015's. Power going off and on with this bad switch could cause all sorts of computer issues, program glitches, etc. I asked them why they didn't have a recall on the power button if they are having such an issue with it. They said they've only replaced eight or 10 of them this year(yeah "only") and that some of them may not be bad so they didn't want to recall all of them. If you have a 2015 I would tell your dealer but the power button is intermittent and have them replace it, it is an issue.

• 7 months later...
On September 7, 2015 at 7:22 PM, TMAY said:

2015 VLX 22 65 hrs

My 7" screen is going nuts! I can not upload a video or I would, but basically its like watching a ghost pushing buttons like a mad man. The screen switches from stereo, to controls, to map back and forth and shuts off the stereo and back on. GOING NUTS!

Breathing some selfish life back into this thread.  My 7" screen is doing exactly the same thing.  I have the current software and all connections are tight.  Dealer is calling Malibu but I'm curious what ever became of this? @TMAY 

I am also very curious as to what the solution was.

For me, my MTC got stuck in an infinite reset loop cycling through the Welcome screen followed by the Malibu BT screen (see LINK for a video of the failure) while streaming bluetooth music from my iPhone. The only way to stop this behavior was to shut the battery power off and start over. After the power cycle we continued to used the Malibu BT for a couple hours with no issue, so it appears to be intermittent. I have only had the boat one week but it has happened one other time while sitting in the garage.

Here is a LINK to my post.

3 hours ago, dpbremer said:

I am also very curious as to what the solution was.

For me, my MTC got stuck in an infinite reset loop cycling through the Welcome screen followed by the Malibu BT screen (see LINK for a video of the failure) while streaming bluetooth music from my iPhone. The only way to stop this behavior was to shut the battery power off and start over. After the power cycle we continued to used the Malibu BT for a couple hours with no issue, so it appears to be intermittent. I have only had the boat one week but it has happened one other time while sitting in the garage.

Here is a LINK to my post.

System updated to the latest software?

5 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

System updated to the latest software?

I am told my version, MY2015 - 01-2016  V1, is the latest for my boat.

22 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Have the dealer 1st unplug the transom remote to see if it goes away. If it still happens have him unplug the remote cable at the radio box.

This is exactly what Malibu just told my dealer.  I don't have the remote so I'm guessing just unhook the remote cable that doesn't go to anything???

4 hours ago, ID AX said:

This is exactly what Malibu just told my dealer.  I don't have the remote so I'm guessing just unhook the remote cable that doesn't go to anything???

Not sure on that. Just got the info from a friend.

Quick update on my MTC screen.  Went out again today and did a bunch of trial and error.  Our screen only acts up while under way, so dealer and I think it's something to do with the RF black box or a loose wire/connection.  I unhooked the 2 usb's that are plugged into the back of the MTC screen.  One of these goes to the usb that is next to the horn button and the other goes to the usb in the dry storage box.  No change.  Next, I disconnected the RF black box from the MTC screen.  It still didn't change the problem.  The 7" screen acts like there is a ghost inside pushing the buttons.  At this point I undid all the connections and replugged them back in.  All were tight and I couldn't see any wires that may have been loose in the harnesses.  I am on my second MTC screen.  Malibu tested the first one and found nothing wrong with it.  I am pretty sure that there is a loose connection somewhere and the boat will be going to the dealer so they can trace all the wiring.  :Frustrated:  

10 hours ago, ID AX said:

Quick update on my MTC screen.  Went out again today and did a bunch of trial and error.  Our screen only acts up while under way, so dealer and I think it's something to do with the RF black box or a loose wire/connection.  I unhooked the 2 usb's that are plugged into the back of the MTC screen.  One of these goes to the usb that is next to the horn button and the other goes to the usb in the dry storage box.  No change.  Next, I disconnected the RF black box from the MTC screen.  It still didn't change the problem.  The 7" screen acts like there is a ghost inside pushing the buttons.  At this point I undid all the connections and replugged them back in.  All were tight and I couldn't see any wires that may have been loose in the harnesses.  I am on my second MTC screen.  Malibu tested the first one and found nothing wrong with it.  I am pretty sure that there is a loose connection somewhere and the boat will be going to the dealer so they can trace all the wiring.  :Frustrated:  

Unplug the transom remote and see if it continues to do it. If so, unplug the extension cable for the remote from the front. If one of those fixes it, there is the problem.

51 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Unplug the transom remote and see if it continues to do it. If so, unplug the extension cable for the remote from the front. If one of those fixes it, there is the problem.

Does the transom remote cable plug into the MTC screen?  There were 2 usb plugs, a cat5 plug and 3 what looked like old school 7 or 10 pin plug ins.  

9 minutes ago, ID AX said:

Does the transom remote cable plug into the MTC screen?  There were 2 usb plugs, a cat5 plug and 3 what looked like old school 7 or 10 pin plug ins.  

Pretty sure it's at the radio black box.

12 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Pretty sure it's at the radio black box.

I disconnected the black box from the MTC.  Would that effectively disconnect the transom remote?

3 minutes ago, ID AX said:

I disconnected the black box from the MTC.  Would that effectively disconnect the transom remote?

Unfortunately I'm not sure of that.

Did you try unplugging the bottom harness on the back of the 7" screen that is on stbd side?

10 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Unfortunately I'm not sure of that.

Did you try unplugging the bottom harness on the back of the 7" screen that is on stbd side?

I did but only to see if it was the harness for the black box.  I didn't try to drive with it disconnected though.  

Malibu is shipping a new wiring harness for the dash.  I guess they have had some problems with them before and want to rule it out.

11 hours ago, ID AX said:

I did but only to see if it was the harness for the black box.  I didn't try to drive with it disconnected though.  

Malibu is shipping a new wiring harness for the dash.  I guess they have had some problems with them before and want to rule it out.

It sounds like they are trying to rule out and test anything that could be causing it. Hopefully they will be able to get it straightened out!

Edited by 23LSVOwner
  • 3 months later...

Just hit 50 hours on my 2015 LSV and the 7" control screen will not take inputs including the engine code!  Thankfully the key works.  Sometimes it will take an input or tries but the screen doesn't respond.  All my running lights at on but the screen shows they are not.  It is totally fubar.   Auto volume keeps cycling through the settings on its own etc etc etc.  Pull it for the season in a few weeks so I am just going to deal with it now and take it back to the dealer in a few weeks.  For sure they are getting a phone call this week. Second major issue so far.  Mid season my steering locked up.  New steering cable and steering box.  Dealer has no idea how it happeded.   I was in 30' of water when it broke, swam the boat to the nearest dock.

Not what I would expect considering what these boats cost.

150 hours on our 2015 23 LSV and now have the touch screen problems.  I have been told by the dealer that I should have a new screen this week.  Just wondering if this Really does fix the problems that i have been reading about,. I now have all the same issues that others have this year. At the start of the season the computer was updated and really was never right from the start of the with out miner issues 

Thanks