Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 New ISSUE with Touch Screen -

So this weekend, my 7 inch screen would not allow any touch input. It showed the screen, however when you tapped any inputs.......nothing. I have 11 hours on the boat, so I have a notification on the main screen that shows service required with the ability to x out of it.

While trying to start the boat, I realized that I could touch the main screen in approximately where the numbers to start the boat would be, and the 7 inch screen operated! WEIRD....cycled the battery off for 15 minutes and still same thing.....problem is that we can run and start the boat, however have no controls from the main screen (ballast etc.)

Any ideas??

Oh No!! Worst scenario with the new boats and everything being controlled by one screen with no manual buttons. Mine should be here this week. That was a huge fear of mine before ordering the 2015. I was optimistic that nobody has had any trouble to speak of with the new screens. I hope you get it resolved quickly.

One thing to check, there is probably a wire harness that connects from the screen to the computer. I would power everything down, disconnect at both ends and reconnect to make sure all connections are snug. I would do this to any connectors I could see under the helm, even if unrelated, just to be sure. Then reboot and cross your fingers. Since it was working up to this point, it could be something just worked its way loose.......

Edited by bunji169

A couple guys on here have their new 2015's running past the 10 hour mark flawlessly. In any configuration or brand electronics can fail. Let's hope for OP this is a quick fix.

So I currently have about 16 Hours on my new 22VLX. I can also say that I have had 3 weird instances where the Main screen was on but no touch inputs were recognized. The very first time it happened, it was only the LOAD button on presets. So when i touched PRESETS everything was there except, the LOAD button was just missing. ALmost as if it was a firmware error or bug. I simply turned the boat off and switched the boat battery to the 2nd one and rebooted. It fixed it. But I also encountered a no touch issue for the entire main screen and resolved it with another battery cycle. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but its not big enough issue quite yet where I am really concerned but I am expecting some type of firmware update by the time i bring the boat in for a service. It truly is unacceptable, but i don't want to tow the boat to the dealership and then have them tell me theres nothing they can do, which I feel they are gonna say that when I cannot replicate the scenario. It seems to be very random when it happens.

hopefully this is just a firmware issue and can be solved with an update patch. unfortunately as with all electrical devices both component and board level they have a random failure mode. no amount of maintenance or engineering research can predict or prevent when they are going to fail.

thats a sweet looking boat. hope it can be resolved easily so your back on the water in no time.

I had to have my MTC replace right at 10 hrs. The MTC apparently controls the main screen. Neither would take any touch input.

For those switching the battery off to reset, dealer siad to make sure the power button on the dash was off. This could create an arc and kill the MTC.

That was the first thing i learned when owning a ski boat. If your switching batteries the boat and all electrical must be completely off. Then its safe to switch batteries. Good call.

And in case anyone has forgotten the basic rule to computing, always shut down and restart if things hang.

Notes to remember:

- Don't flip power button on/off/on/off - when you click power button off, don't click it back on in under 5 seconds.

- If you have a hang and power down, power all the way down to zero power with the battery switch.

***** Do not switch off or turn on the battery switch with the main power button on ***** This can be very confusing to both the dash and the engine ecm.

- The engine ecm saves the last bit of engine run info when the boat is powered down. If you shut off the battery switch without powering the boat down you can get error codes and confusion on the engine ecm.

- Try to make a written note of what was going on prior to any instance or issue. If more than once write it down every time. This is very beneficial to the service center.

Peter

• Like 3

So this weekend, my 7 inch screen would not allow any touch input. It showed the screen, however when you tapped any inputs.......nothing. I have 11 hours on the boat, so I have a notification on the main screen that shows service required with the ability to x out of it.

While trying to start the boat, I realized that I could touch the main screen in approximately where the numbers to start the boat would be, and the 7 inch screen operated! WEIRD....cycled the battery off for 15 minutes and still same thing.....problem is that we can run and start the boat, however have no controls from the main screen (ballast etc.)

Any ideas??

I'm currently dealing with the same problem on my 2015 23LSV. Took delivery of the boat with 7.5 hours. While putting in our burn in hours we had the maliview completely lock up at about 13.5 hours. The touch screen worked fine and I could stop/start the boat via the key. The only solution was the turn the battery completely off, let it sit for 30 seconds and then turn it back on. This resolved it. We went through and calibrated the surfgate after this, setup the ballast for testing everything else out and it was fine up until hour 17. Then it happened again. Screen froze, was fully illuminated but with no response to touch at all it was not functioning. We power cycled the boat via the battery cut off again, and it worked fine again after that. We pulled the boat shortly after that and it's been with the dealer since. They've told me as of yesterday that talking to Malibu tech's, they have flashed the firmware on my boat with a later version, but they were not able to recreate the problem before or after so I'm not exactly the most confident in our current predicament. I'm hopeful this firmware patch does resolve this, but it appears that only time and use will tell.

I look forward to hearing any updates on your

This creates anxiety for a perspective buyer! Begs to ask the question: who has driven past the 10 hour period? Glad you were not stranded!

I'm certain it's a simple fix and there is a manual key if needed :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in case anyone has forgotten the basic rule to computing, always shut down and restart if things hang.

Notes to remember:

- Don't flip power button on/off/on/off - when you click power button off, don't click it back on in under 5 seconds.

- If you have a hang and power down, power all the way down to zero power with the battery switch.

***** Do not switch off or turn on the battery switch with the main power button on ***** This can be very confusing to both the dash and the engine ecm.

- The engine ecm saves the last bit of engine run info when the boat is powered down. If you shut off the battery switch without powering the boat down you can get error codes and confusion on the engine ecm.

- Try to make a written note of what was going on prior to any instance or issue. If more than once write it down every time. This is very beneficial to the service center.

Peter

Thanks for the refresher. I did all of those things in that order to try to cycle the "computer". I have a feeling that the problem is with the error code that the 10 hour service is due. My dealer is awesome so I'm sure he will have it figured out in no time at all.

Luckily mine was doing this the entire time. Possibly since it's been on the lift for a day now it will have resolved itself. I will update you as soon as I know more.

It was different in that all of my functions looked to be working such as speedometer and tachometer hombre however I could only use the center touchscreen to operate the smaller right-hand screen

There were no error codes on the engine.

Edited by Shodan01

Mine did this while tuning the stereo last Sat, froze on the media screen and wouldn't take any touches. Rebooted everything and it was back to working

27 hours here, I did have one glitch where wedge would drop intermittently without command after I got a wedge in drag mode pop up on the touch screen. This was the first time it happened the last time we were out.

There is a new software revision that my dealer just updated, it apparently corrects this issue with the wedge. My viper 2 software version prior to this update was 012015. To anyone with an older software version I would recommend updating your software version, apparently it corrects a few different bugs in the system, which may include screen locking up. The update is a simple USB update that takes about 5 minutes.

Edited by Fman

Come to think of it I did have one freeze up on HR 5 but Just like my PC Nothing a good reboot would not fix, I knew going in with all this new technology there will be issues, Shoot we deal with this everyday at work, Just glad I have a few years of warranty to work out all the bugs..