Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crazy TXI pricing

oldjeep

wow. if i was back in the market I would be all over this one. love the colors. just the right options for the perfect slalom machine.

Yup, it is a pretty one. Promo market seems to be in the toilet judging by the sheer numbers of 2014s (MC especially) for sale in the promo section.

ahopkins22LSV

That is a great looking boat, but that doesn't make me feel too great about what mine would be worth as I have about 320 hours and it is a 2013. Oh well!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Resale is always something to think about. But if you love your boat, who cares what that hour meter says! You'll keep enjoying it until you are absolutely due for a new one!

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Resale is always something to think about. But if you love your boat, who cares what that hour meter says! You'll keep enjoying it until you are absolutely due for a new one!

Agreed, we don't use or not use our boat for what the hour meter reads. We bought it to use it because of our love for the water so that is what we do!

I think the market in MI an TX are a bit different too. (I hope)

Agreed, we don't use or not use our boat for what the hour meter reads. We bought it to use it because of our love for the water so that is what we do!

I think the market in MI an TX are a bit different too. (I hope)

:plus1: Just put mine on the lift Saturday. Will be 13 years old this summer, and looks brand new. Well, except for the crappy matted down carpet. Still makes my heart flutter looking at her, and she's all mine. Looking forward to another great summer on the water with family and friends.

All that said, that boat in TX is awfully nice looking. Have to admit it made me think about updating... for about 30 seconds. :)

ahopkins22LSV

:plus1: Just put mine on the lift Saturday. Will be 13 years old this summer, and looks brand new. Well, except for the crappy matted down carpet. Still makes my heart flutter looking at her, and she's all mine. Looking forward to another great summer on the water with family and friends.

All that said, that boat in TX is awfully nice looking. Have to admit it made me think about updating... for about 30 seconds. :)

Don't sell you RLXi! It is one of the best, if not the best looking LXi's I have seen.

I doubt we will be upgrading for awhile. I say that and I am sure in the next two to three years they will have a new hull and other innovations I will want ;)

Thanks! Rest assured, mine isn't going anywhere. Worth way more to me than I could even dream of selling it for (I shudder at how low the asking prices are for the '03-'06s). And I'll only be crossing the 500 hour mark this summer (hopefully). Makes it really hard to justify getting a nearly 300 hour boat, even at the "bargain basement" price of $41k (yeesh).

@Sunrise: I suggest you put that carpet project on the winter project list. It is amazing what new carpet does for the interior of a slalom tug, makes a bigger difference than I expected. Carpet price is not bad at all, the time consumed doing it kind of drags because it ends up begging you to do all those other small things while the interior is gutted. Really worth it though. I have to agree that the Gen 1 RLXi is one of the best slalom tugs on the water particularly for mid to short line.

Oh, it's on the list. The thing is, I'm at the stage of life where I'm working long hours, get home to be a taxi driver for all kinds of kids activities in the evenings/weekends, before I work a little more, then fall into bed exhausted. :) Carpet will have to wait a few more years.

I'm at the stage of life where I'm working long hours, get home to be a taxi driver for all kinds of kids activities in the evenings/weekends, before I work a little more, then fall into bed exhausted. :)

Man I know the feeling.

This is my old ski buddys boat. Its in near flawless condition too - him and his wife always take great care of their promo boats. He's trying to move it as he's ordered a Carbon Pro.

Wish I hadn't just bought an LXI otherwise I'd be tempted to pick this up.

Anyone needing a great TXI at a great price needs to call Jeff. Can't believe this thing is even still for sale.

This is my old ski buddys boat. Its in near flawless condition too - him and his wife always take great care of their promo boats. He's trying to move it as he's ordered a Carbon Pro.

Wish I hadn't just bought an LXI otherwise I'd be tempted to pick this up.

Anyone needing a great TXI at a great price needs to call Jeff. Can't believe this thing is even still for sale.

Ugg - he is selling a TXI to buy a CP? So he really wants a boat he won't be able to sell next year? Or is the CP not a promo

Edited by oldjeep

I think he's switching promo programs for personal reasons - not really sure so I won't comment. Wouldn't be my choice though - Malibu is still building the best slalom boats on the market (IMO).

ahopkins22LSV

I have not personally skied or driven a CP, but I have a few friends that have and they say it skis/drives great. One of those friends I really really trust his opinion. The price point is good too if you are just looking for a slalom tug. Without getting behind the wheel and wakes for a day my biggest complaint about the CP is that is just a slalom tug.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

I have not personally skied or driven a CP, but I have a few friends that have and they say it skis/drives great. The price point is good too if you are just looking for a slalom tug. Without getting behind the wheel and wakes for a day my biggest complaint about the CP is that is just a slalom tug.

That is its main problem that I see - useless for anything but skiing and there are a crapload of last years promos for sale. Almost all of them for more than this TXI is selling for.

The market has started to get really saturated with promo boats. And CP is no different. My issue with CP's up to this point has been their fit and finish - its not even close to being on par with MB, MC or CC. Granted its a cheaper boat but thats no excuse. And no open bow option is a buzzkill.

The biggest thing the TXI has going for it is the roomiest most comfortable open bow on the market for a slalom boat and still has world class wakes.

• Like 1