Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Give Me Direct Instruction on Aerials...Again

Afun

presumably on a surfboard?

So this is cribbed from a post BS made a year or two ago that he then deleted (BOOOO it was sooooo good!).

Start from the back of the wave.

Pump towards the boat.

Stay "high" on the wave face. A big bottom cut is not necessary and is usually counterproductive (scrubs speed). <--MOST IMPORTANT PART

Keep aiming "straight" at the boat. You don't want to hit the wave at a 90* angle. More like 5* if any angle at all. <--OTHER MOST IMPORTANT PART

pick a place on the lip of the wave that you want to hit

As you hit the lip, ollie* and bring your knees as high as possible (board won't go any higher than your feet, so gotta bring your feet up).

I find It also helps if you throw your arms in the air when you pop your ollie (like karate kid on the piling at the beach).

Land, feel the adoration of your crew.

*Ollie: like a skateboard, basically. pop from your back foot and then "jump", raising your knees. From stalking his vids, once in the air, BS gets his super styling by pushing down slightly with his front foot as his back foot goes higher and it makes the board go "flat" in the air.

Edited by shawndoggy

The rotations also a product of the board. On the tsunami there's no rotation... On the soulcraft there is. It has to do with how the board releases.

I know this because none in my attempts ever rotated the board until I got the SC.

I am going to bump my speed this year from 11.4 to 11.8...dunno if this will help.

I always thought that the rotation of the board was necessary