Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to buy 1-1/4" Raw Water Hose

Asmodeus2112

Hi, I'm installing a perko flush valve, I have 12" and need to turn about 45 degrees in about 3" on both sides of the flush valve. Any suggestions on where I could find 1-1/4 hose with pre formed bends?

Having attempted and failed adding my own quick-disconnect to that area... (didn't want to go perko flush and ended up just hooking up directly to the V-drive from the hose the few times a year I do it)

I know that almost all auto parts stores I went to had it - called it "1-1/4 inch Wire Reinforced Radiator Hose"

It isn't flexible. I know what you're talking about with the twists and turns. I bought PVC 45 degree turns...

FYI from my failure:

I wanted to use on/off ball valves (including trying a 3-way ball valve) for this - including 45 and 90 degree PVC turns - could not make it fit in the 01'. The '05 is a different story...

Having attempted and failed adding my own quick-disconnect to that area... (didn't want to go perko flush and ended up just hooking up directly to the V-drive from the hose the few times a year I do it)

I know that almost all auto parts stores I went to had it - called it "1-1/4 inch Wire Reinforced Radiator Hose"

It isn't flexible. I know what you're talking about with the twists and turns. I bought PVC 45 degree turns...

FYI from my failure:

I wanted to use on/off ball valves (including trying a 3-way ball valve) for this - including 45 and 90 degree PVC turns - could not make it fit in the 01'. The '05 is a different story...

Thanks, I now see that this is not going to be as easy as I mistakenly assumed. I have a Mercruiser in the LXi, so the water pump is about 12" from the pick up fitting. The perko is 5", so getting that hardwall 1-1/4 tube to bend 30 degrees or so in about 3 " just isn't going to happen. I guess I'll have to dig in and figger something else out.

Check out post #3 here... http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54466-unwinterizing-boat-put-fake-a-lake-on-how-long-before-water-should-come-out-exhust/

I literally couldn't even fit a simple on/off ball valve anywhere. I went to the hardware store 5 times and probably spent 3 hours trying everything I could think of. In the end, I just bought a few adapters to go from garden hose --> 1-1/4" hardwall tube (and bought ~5" of it) to slip directly on to the V-drive the two times a year I need to. So you could possibly learn from my mistakes and just give up and do it the way both of us did... but if you persist and succeed, please post pictures!!! :) Good luck!!

Edited by jonredcorn