Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Would this be possible?

TexasTexas95

I want some new bling on my trailer and thought I might just throw some wheels I already have onto it rather than buying a brand new wheel/ tire combo set. This might be a ridiculous question but do they make a hub size that comes in a 6x135MM bolt pattern? I think it's easier and cheaper than a hub adapter, plus I wouldn't have to worry about clearance issues. I was just thinking that these would work if I swapped out the hubs and put some low pro tires on the wheels. I don't ever tow far. 15 miles or so. Or do you think by the time I got all done with it, I'd still be spending a grand for new wheels / tires.

These are the wheels. 17x7.5"

c526aad5.jpg

I'm clueless on my trailer axles. My trailer looks good as it is (wheels and tires are in great condition) but I'll be doing some maintenance on it in a few weeks and had my old Raptor wheels just sitting around in the garage. I can sell the Raptor wheels for $450 alone, how much do yall think I could get out of the stock set of my 5 trailer wheels and tires if I sold them here or craigslist or somewhere? Seems like a lot of work to get the Raptor wheels to fit even though it would look pretty sweet being towed behind my current Raptor. Even then, I have not addressed clearance issues yet with the raptor wheel offset vs the stock trailer rims. I think I could get them to work as far as finding the right low profile tire but I can't be sure it would clear on a more horizontal axis when you factor in wheel offset of the trailer wheel vs the Raptor wheel. Now, if I could sell both sets, I may be able to mostly fund a totally different set of trailer wheels and tires if I get enough out of them.

Here is my tow rig.

705533E8-FCD4-495F-AA0D-B84E3A391FA7_zps

Here is my trailer. I believe it's a 2005? It's a Dorsey tandem:

7DE862CA-2727-4BC9-8D04-0354E3224B34_zps

The wheels I have on it are 14" and the tires are 26.7" tall and 8.46" wide. As long as I stay within these parameters for a tire, could I fit an 18" wheel in there with low pro tires?

• 1 year later...