Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NEW (to me) BOAT ! - 2004 Wakesetter LSV !

sidekicknicholas

Picked it up last night!!!!

2004 Wakesetter LSV, 320 hours, hammerhead engine, illusion tower w/ lights, speakers, bimini, boat racks, 3 tank MLS, and I think pretty much every other option but perfect pass. Interior is mint, exterior has some scratches but nothing major.

It was owned by a lady the next lake over, her husband passed away and she wasn't using it much anymore and was going to sell back to the dealer. I offered her $25k, she countered with $24k, yes, less.... because one ballast pump wasn't working... I re-offered $25k but she insisted $24k.

Picked it up last night and got it on the lift, and took a short little cruise (it was chilly). This will replace my 95' Supersport Nautique. We usually ride with 6+ people and the Supersport was just getting cramped.

Edited by sidekicknicholas
  • Like 2

" I offered her $25k, she countered with $24k, yes, less.... because one ballast pump wasn't working... I re-offered $25k but she insisted $24k."

Seriously good karma for her and now you. Looks like an awesome boat !

Steve B.

I was going to say you should invite her out on it but that may be too painful (emotionally) for her.

I gave her an open invite.... she said she'll take me up on it, and I hope she does. The seller is a really cool lady, and one of my best friends parents live next door to her, so I'm sure we'll stay in touch.

Nice find!!! U will enjoy that bad boy even more knowing it's costing u nothing! Can prob use it for a couple more years and sale to for what u paid! But better be adding some speed control ASAP! Lol

I sold my 2004 for $42k in mid 2013. She basically just handed you $10k in cash...at least. Those deals don't come around that often. Glad a crewmember got it.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

I sold my 2004 for $42k in mid 2013. She basically just handed you $10k in cash...at least. Those deals don't come around that often. Glad a crewmember got it.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

I would say you got all the wood on that one.

I don't think I ever been involved in a purchase deal when the owner "counter offered" a lower price!

That is ridiculous, but great! I happy for you. Enjoy it!

Post more pictures of the boat out on the water, interior etc.

Even if she doesn't take you up on your offer, you should periodically send her some pics of your family using the boat and make sure that your friend mentions it to his parents so that she knows that her investment in you and your family is well appreciated.

+1 for Karma....gotta keep it goin'

Nice boat OP, congrats.

I feel sad for the nice lady that sold because her husband died. Mine died too, and I've put a ton of hours on my boat. Now that my kids are leaving home I fear I wont be able to ride as much but that boat will be with me until I die, its all I have left of my guy. Take good care of it for her!!!

:grouphug:

A few more from before I had a chance to clean things up :

vVZTuGL.jpg

OJKtE0q.jpg

My wife, my bro's girlfriend, and I took it for a short cruise with the dogs.... Puppies all approve!

8JvJ8eO.jpg

Edited by sidekicknicholas
  • Like 2