Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took My Titan Forks to the Machine Shop to fit my Soulcraft

Afun

They couldn't that's what I was told

Weird, Id assume they just did that in a manual mill - no reason they couldn't have taken a second pass with a slot cutter bit..

In any event I doubt that any form of glue is going to want to get that rubber to stay put. If you don't care what it looks like then a piece of surgical tubing slipped over the finger would work as padding.

Edited by oldjeep

Weird, Id assume they just did that in a manual mill - no reason they couldn't have taken a second pass with a slot cutter bit..

I was told no when I was leaving the forks because I asked. My buddy told they were not going to be able to do it also. I gave no knowledge with this kind of specialty.

Looks like that middle fork would get real thin if you machine a groove top and bottom. Still, you are all set until that next must have board comes out.....and it doesn't fit.

• Like 2

Looks like that middle fork would get real thin if you machine a groove top and bottom. Still, you are all set until that next must have board comes out.....and it doesn't fit.

That would probably be another Soulcraft or Bomb Pop....still very curious about the Bomb Pop

Can you cut the bottom part of the rubber piece off and use some thin heavy duty double sided 3M tape?

Double sided tape not a bad idea....I'm stuck on the Shoe Goo idea

Shoe goo looks like it would work since it stays semi pliable, just not sure how it will adhere to a metal. I think you'd have better results/longevity with this, it's clear and stays pliable so you won't really even see it and I know it will stick to metal, just another option.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/65368920?CS_010=65368920&item=65368920&CS_003=7867724&src=pla&cid=PLA-Google-PLA+-+Test

Shoe goo looks like it would work since it stays semi pliable, just not sure how it will adhere to a metal. I think you'd have better results/longevity with this, it's clear and stays pliable so you won't really even see it and I know it will stick to metal, just another option.

http://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/65368920?CS_010=65368920&item=65368920&CS_003=7867724&src=pla&cid=PLA-Google-PLA+-+Test

I now wonder how good the rubber would stick to that

If you don't mind covering up most of the forks.....you could use heat shrink tubing?

It's going to have to be really thick stuff. That stuff also tends to dry up and crack...doesn't it...still not a bad idea

I now wonder how good the rubber would stick to that

If you cut it as smooth and flat as possible, giving the tape maximum surface area to stick to then it should adhere very well. I'd wipe all surfaces down with a cleaner (acetone, paint thinner, mek, etc.) first as well.

What about shrink wrapping the rubber to the wrap as well as a thin layer of shoe goo? I'm a fan of over building. :)

And to really over do it you could use the adhesive lined shrink wrap to make sure it never comes apart.

• Like 1

What about shrink wrapping the rubber to the wrap as well as a thin layer of shoe goo? I'm a fan of over building. :)

Yeah, that would work too. I want to see if the shoe goo itself will work. Its clean and could be peeled off if I mess up....close to stock look

• Like 2

It's going to have to be really thick stuff. That stuff also tends to dry up and crack...doesn't it...still not a bad idea

There is really good heat shrink that is also water and chemical resistant (not that that is needed in this application). Then there is the cheap Harbor Freight stuff. I have used the better stuff the wrap the handle of a monster maul close to 10 years ago and it is still holding strong and gets plenty of abuse.

Here is some that goes up to 1", It's also adhesive lined.

http://www.amazon.com/Ancor-305124-Electrical-Adhesive-12-Inches/dp/B000NI1MBA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1429815883&sr=8-9&keywords=heat+shrink+tubing+1.5+inch

Caps?

http://www.amazon.com/1-5-Heat-Shrink-End-Cap/dp/B00N562KH2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1429815883&sr=8-8&keywords=heat+shrink+tubing+1.5+inch

Nice work Afun. It's amazing to me that with all the recent energy on surfing and the release of surf gate in 13 that malubu has not developed a more surf specific fork or combo option for their racks. Would appear to be a simple design mod to widen and extend forks and select as option for bolting on to base swivel unit.

Edited by lerch

Nice work Afun. It's amazing to me that with all the recent energy on surfing and the release of surf gate in 13 that malubu has not developed an more surf specific fork or combo option for their racks. Would appear to be a simple design mid to widen and extend forks and select as option for bolt into base swivel unit.

Yeah....I call that a company being very tone death