Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lifetime Sirius Sub

joxx12

So I have a lifetime Sirius subscription that I've had on an old Sirius receiver ...circa 2004. I've had it in my old runabout that had a Kenwood deck in it. I'm trying to find some type of an adapter that will make it work with my JBL Marine unit (JBL MBB 3.45). I'm told by our local stereo shop that the adapter has since been discontinued, imagine that. Just wondering if anyone else has successfully used the Kenwood KTC-SR902 Sirius unit with a more modern setup. If not my son is going to inherit free Sirius in his vehicle....smh.

but if you paid can't you just roll the lifetime subscription to a new tuner?

His should be if it is from 2004. Mine bought in 09 is not

Is my Lifetime subscription transferable?

If you purchased your Lifetime subscription

•Before June 20, 2005: Yes, it is transferable from one radio to another any number of times.*

•From June 20, 2005 until September 7, 2007: Yes, your Lifetime subscription is transferable a maximum of three times.*

•On or after September 8, 2007: Lifetime subscriptions associated with home, portable or dock & play radios can be transferred a maximum of three times.* Lifetime subscriptions first associated with or transferred to radios installed in vehicles by automakers or dealers are NOT transferable unless the radio is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective.

I have had a lifetime Sirius subscription since dinosaurs roamed the earth. The original lifetime was transferable 3 times and the became discontinued. The rules have since changed and now there is a small fee for every transfer (it used to be free). The benefit of this new fee is that they now allow unlimited transfers! I have switched my subscription many times now from multiple head units and now to the past 2 vehicles I have owned OEM stereos. Hope this helps.

I have had a lifetime Sirius subscription since dinosaurs roamed the earth. The original lifetime was transferable 3 times and the became discontinued. The rules have since changed and now there is a small fee for every transfer (it used to be free). The benefit of this new fee is that they now allow unlimited transfers! I have switched my subscription many times now from multiple head units and now to the past 2 vehicles I have owned OEM stereos. Hope this helps.

The rules I posted above is what is on their site currently. What kind of fee are they charging? I've got the lifetime in my 09 Ram - OEM stereo and the way the rules and my contract read it is not transferable to another vehicle/device except in the case of a replacement in the same truck.

The rules I posted above is what is on their site currently. What kind of fee are they charging? I've got the lifetime in my 09 Ram - OEM stereo and the way the rules and my contract read it is not transferable to another vehicle/device except in the case of a replacement in the same truck.

Hmm. I am curious now. I just switched from my previous vehicle to my new one about a year ago. That was the information that they gave me. I have definitely transferred more than 3 times. The first few were because of a defective unit. I can't remember what they charged me exactly. I want to say between $25 and $50. I also wonder if the difference has something to do with my subscription being Canadian.