Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babe's boat products poll

What is your input on these Babe products?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Babe's Spot Solver (Purple)

• Used and satisfied
    • Used and unsatisfied
    • Never used before
  2. 2. Babe's Seat Saver (White)

• Used and satisfied
    • Used and unsatisfied
    • Never used before
  3. 3. Babe's Seat Soap (Blue)

• Used and satisfied
    • Used and unsatisfied
    • Never used before

Everytime I use Boat Bright, I'm just impressed with the stuff. So quick and easy with excellent results....a nice shiny, clean boat. :)

Ok...am I the only one having trouble with the Boat Bright....what am I doing wrong. After spaying it on and wiping it off, it seems to leave almost a water spot type residue.....looks terrible. I try to wipe and polish it out with little success. I recently had to go back to the Meguiarss Quik Wax Marine to get rid of the Boat Bright residue. Nothing like detailing a boat twice.

Hmmm, not sure. Is it possible that you're using too much of it & not wiping it clean so to speak? Or maybe (if you use it like we do) you spray it on when the boat is still wet, your towels are too wet & won't wipe it dry?

Just as a follow up, I tried the seat soap today & consider me a convert. What I really like about it, other than the fact that it works really well, is that it doesn't have that toxic smell that a lot of vinyl cleaners seem to have that leave you in a coughing fit after using it. This stuff smells nice & works really good. The next bottle that I buy will be a gallon, along with the green stuff.

I'll wipe the entire thing down tomorrow with the seat saver & I'm expecting good things based on their other products.

Everytime I use Boat Bright, I'm just impressed with the stuff. So quick and easy with excellent results....a nice shiny, clean boat. :)

Ok...am I the only one having trouble with the Boat Bright....what am I doing wrong. After spaying it on and wiping it off, it seems to leave almost a water spot type residue.....looks terrible. I try to wipe and polish it out with little success. I recently had to go back to the Meguiarss Quik Wax Marine to get rid of the Boat Bright residue. Nothing like detailing a boat twice.

Hmmm, not sure. Is it possible that you're using too much of it & not wiping it clean so to speak? Or maybe (if you use it like we do) you spray it on when the boat is still wet, your towels are too wet & won't wipe it dry?

I have tried it both with the boat dry and wet with the same results......maybe I am using too much....but I typically use two towels when I do it....one to knock the majority of the residue off and the second to dry and polish....works great with the Meguiars....just can't get the Babes to work out. I will give it another try or two...if I still am not happy, I will have a half a gallon to donate to someone!

Just as a follow up, I tried the seat soap today & consider me a convert. What I really like about it, other than the fact that it works really well, is that it doesn't have that toxic smell that a lot of vinyl cleaners seem to have that leave you in a coughing fit after using it. This stuff smells nice & works really good. The next bottle that I buy will be a gallon, along with the green stuff.

I'll wipe the entire thing down tomorrow with the seat saver & I'm expecting good things based on their other products.

I have been wanting to try the seat soap. I love the boat bright but I haven't gotten around to getting any of the seat soap yet. Do you follow up with 303 after the soap?

I have tried it both with the boat dry and wet with the same results......maybe I am using too much....but I typically use two towels when I do it....one to knock the majority of the residue off and the second to dry and polish....works great with the Meguiars....just can't get the Babes to work out. I will give it another try or two...if I still am not happy, I will have a half a gallon to donate to someone!

I have found that if there isn't a base coat of wax initially, then the Boat Bright doesn't seem to be as effective. If it is waxed once, then the Boat Bright will keep it that way and new wax isn't needed. Now that you have waxed the boat, try the Boat Bright again and see if it works for you.

I have found that if there isn't a base coat of wax initially, then the Boat Bright doesn't seem to be as effective. If it is waxed once, then the Boat Bright will keep it that way and new wax isn't needed. Now that you have waxed the boat, try the Boat Bright again and see if it works for you.

Thanks....I will give this a try

Blast,

Usually I follow cleaning the vinyl with 303, but I've got some of Babe's Seat Saver & I'm going to try that this time instead just to see how it works. Like I said, I've yet to be less than impressed with any of their products, so I'm expecting good things.

KB,

Blast is right, it's waaaay more effective if the boat's got a good coat of wax on it to start with. I did forget about that.

Not sure kb, but I have noticed that if the boat is too wet and my cloth gets really wet, then it's harder to get the shine. I usually wait until the boat has dried out before I use it, or at least get the excess water off. I haven't waxed the boat before, but I believe my dealer has a couple of coats on it. The more you use Boat Bright, the easier it gets as the wax accumulates and makes it nice and smooth.

WG, I got some Seat Saver last week as well. Babe's screwed up an order and sent me a 16oz for free, so I'm going to compare the two.

Tracie, do you like the seat soap more than the 303?

jshap I don't think it was a screw up. They do send an extra bottle with most orders. Just a way for them to say thanks. Plus to get you to try it.

p.s. I made the call.

Well, the seat soap is a cleaner while the seat saver is a protectant like 303. I've never used 303's cleaner, only the protectant so I can't compare against that, but I do like the seat soap better than Meguiar's cleaner & some of the other vinyl cleaners that I have used (Fantastic, etc).

Okay, I tried the Seat Saver today & my initial impression is very good. It smells nice & goes on clean, without the slippery, oily film that 303 leaves. It left the seats feeling soft & supple, almost like leather after you've cleaned it with saddle soap. Very nice. How it protects over time remains to be seen.

For those of you in the Sacramento area, Larson's Marine in Rancho Cordova carries the 1 gallon jugs of just about every Babe's product. Picked up the boat bright & seat soap today for $30 each.

Edited by Addictedto6
jshap I don't think it was a screw up. They do send an extra bottle with most orders. Just a way for them to say thanks. Plus to get you to try it.

This was actually a screw up. My initial order was "destoyed in transit" and they forgot to reship, so the owner called me to apologize and threw in some extra stuff. Nice guy.

Okay, I tried the Seat Saver today & my initial impression is very good. It smells nice & goes on clean, without the slippery, oily film that 303 leaves. It left the seats feeling soft & supple, almost like leather after you've cleaned it with saddle soap. Very nice. How it protects over time remains to be seen.

I concur. Used Seat Saver for the first time yesterday. Nice smell, no slippery seats. Basically, I loved it. If it protects as well over time, this stuff destroys 303.

• 10 months later...

Another person here with a great experience. I have used the seat soap, seat saver and quick wax stuff. I love them all. They smell great and do a great job, exactly as advertised.

Another person here with a great experience. I have used the seat soap, seat saver and quick wax stuff. I love them all. They smell great and do a great job, exactly as advertised.

YOU GUYS AND GALS BABES HOLDS UP TO MY WIFES PURE TROPIC OIL NO DISCOLOR YET ON MY BU AND NEVER DID ON MY SEARAY FOR 4 YEARS HUGE BABES FAN!!!!!(BABES AND MAGIC ERASER WILL REMOVE TREE SAP!!!SON HAD IT ON HIS SHORTS!!UGHHH)

YOU GUYS AND GALS BABES HOLDS UP TO MY WIFES PURE TROPIC OIL NO DISCOLOR YET ON MY BU AND NEVER DID ON MY SEARAY FOR 4 YEARS HUGE BABES FAN!!!!!(BABES AND MAGIC ERASER WILL REMOVE TREE SAP!!!SON HAD IT ON HIS SHORTS!!UGHHH)

Why are you yelling? Dontknow.gif

When I was in GI Joes today I was surprised to see they carried Babes products.

Edited by Rod S
"GROUP BUY, GROUP BUY, GROUP BUY, GROUP BUY!"

Tried to last yr. but didn't work out.

edit Will have some up at the Nor cal WOW for one of the raffle prize's

Edited by D-GOOSE
  • 4 months later...

The spray wax/cleaner (green) is awesome! Thumbup.gif I actually dilute it 50/50 to stretch it out and give me a little more working time to wipe it off. It works great that way.

I've used the spot remover and it leaves a heavy film behind

All the products smell good.......way better than wiping down with vinagar - not to mention, better for your boat.