Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EXILE Bluetooth has arrived!

bcf2003

I hear ya... I switched from iPhone to android a couple of years ago. I'm the only one in my entire family. I think the biggest thing I miss is iMessage. I just got a new phone (my second Android... a Galaxy Note 4), and I almost switched back to iPhone, but I was too lazy to wait for a backorder 6+ with a storage upgrade.

Back to the Exile unit... this will make 3 Bluetooth connections in my boat (RF, Viper 2, and Exile). I feel a comparison coming on...

Check out the app "MightyText" - which allows you to text through your phone via the chrome browser. I've been using it for years and it is my favorite part about the android phones.

I know the Roswell Cybox is a little more, but I keep considering it over the others because my local Malibu dealer trusts it enough to install it.

Just installed the Exile BT to the ZLD as instructed. Loud static noise is present when connected to the AUX ports, on the ZLD, whether the AUX button is depressed or not. Any suggestions on what is causing this. Thank you.

Just installed the Exile BT to the ZLD as instructed. Loud static noise is present when connected to the AUX ports, on the ZLD, whether the AUX button is depressed or not. Any suggestions on what is causing this. Thank you.

Where did you source the power for the Exile BT from?

I just installed one last weekend & sound is clear with power from the same line in to the HU.

Range is great, about a ski rope length, not that I could use it out the back :-)

Mind you, Boat is in storage so I did not start the engine.

Jamin- shoot me a on with your contact info. I can walk you thru trouble shooting. We haven't had to many trouble inquiries so I'm kinda curious to see what's up.

BriAn

I would let the trouble shooting totally take its course before using a ground loop isolator. It could be something simple. A ground loop isolator leaves the real cause intact and can also negatively impact the sound quality in some cases. Sometimes they are a necessity, but rarely.

Edited by David

Got around to installing mine last week.

#1: I need to un-mount the ZLD and turn down the gains!

#2: The EXBT4 is noticeably brighter than the Milennia BT.

#3: My iPhone 5S connects to the EXBT4 a little slower than it did to the Milennia and doesn't always connect.

Very similar to its behavior with my AVH-4000NEX in the moose and the factory audio in the S60.

Is that a BT 4.0 thing or an iOS thing?

Edited by robtr8

I installed mine today. WOW! It works awesome. I was using a wire from my eq to my data port on my iphone and it sounded great. Dare I say it sounds better now....??? I think it does. I can tell you it is like 25% louder now. Install took all of 2 minutes. SAWEEEEET!!!!!!

• Like 2

FYI - not sure if it was mentioned earlier but.... I wired it to the power off my EQ. Apparently that makes it stay on all the time. I will change that to switched power tomorrow.

I've had mine for a month now... about 30 hours on the boat, most of it hooked up to the "Exile BT" which is how it shows up on our phones...

I gotta say it's sooooo easy to connect. My kids are constantly switching back and forth who's phone is playing. It's so nice having somebody else in charge of the music.

Sound is fantastic too. Zero noise (wish I could say the same for my other sources).

You don't wire to power and ground. You wire it to REMOTE and ground at the EQ. This is typically your BLUE wire on most head units.

The power and ground scenario would leave the BT module on continually, unless you turn your batteries off.

If you don't have an EQ, you can just tie it in to the REMOTE and GROUND terminals at one of your amps and plug the RCA's into your AUX terminal of your headunit or BB.

Edited by Bawshogg
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no head unit or Jbl black box in my boat. I am currently running from the headphone jack of my phone right into the amps in series. Could this be plugged directly into the amp as well?

I'm having trouble with my RF head unit. Since I only play music from phones, and I have a WS420 EQ, could I just use the Exile BT as my head unit? I guess I would still use the regular HU to turn the system on, but thats all.

I'm having trouble with my RF head unit. Since I only play music from phones, and I have a WS420 EQ, could I just use the Exile BT as my head unit? I guess I would still use the regular HU to turn the system on, but thats all.

Yes, you can do that. And you can eliminate/bypass the HU altogether by adding a switch to act as the remote turn on lead for your eq, amps, and BT dongle.