Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

EXILE Bluetooth has arrived!

bcf2003

So I was browsing at Bluetooth options and stumbled upon this on Exiles Facebook page. Soo amp'd on this new option. Looks to be plug and play and you're not gonna lose sound quality either, which is a must for me. It's what has kept me from using Bluetooth thus far. It uses Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX codec which should make the sound quality top notch!!!! I can't wait to get one in my boat!https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1136308833049736&id=216951048318857&substory_index=0

image.jpg

Edited by bcf2003
  • Like 3

I'd be interested in adding this to my existing Clarion marine stereo if it would work. Can I add this to the AUX port? Also will this work with my iPhone 5 OK? Thanks.....

As long as your your Clarion will take another set of RCA inputs, you're good to go!

I like the voltage bump. I ran my BT dongle through a line driver of sorts (HSE Revolution volume control) on my last boat and it made a significant difference in sound quality.

Other than that, at least for apple users, it shouldn't be much different than any other hard wired dongle, since apple doesn't support aptx, right?

Maybe it's time to switch to Android, Shawn. :lol:

I think about it EVERY time I upgrade phones. My dependence on the integrated ecosystem (computer/phone/tablet) keeps me sucked in. Believe it or not my primary use is NOT streaming music via BT. :)

• Like 3

I think about it EVERY time I upgrade phones. My dependence on the integrated ecosystem (computer/phone/tablet) keeps me sucked in. Believe it or not my primary use is NOT streaming music via BT. :)

I hear ya... I switched from iPhone to android a couple of years ago. I'm the only one in my entire family. I think the biggest thing I miss is iMessage. I just got a new phone (my second Android... a Galaxy Note 4), and I almost switched back to iPhone, but I was too lazy to wait for a backorder 6+ with a storage upgrade.

Back to the Exile unit... this will make 3 Bluetooth connections in my boat (RF, Viper 2, and Exile). I feel a comparison coming on...

• Like 3

If you get that sticky remote pkh linked to last week, you should be able to get all of the wetsounds BT functions out of the exile unit for about the same price. Not to mention apt-x and high voltage output.

Or this remote that mounts to your steering wheel! http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-Portable-Wireless-Smartphones-Bluetooth/dp/B00KPZN5UC/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1428325982&sr=8-13&keywords=bluetooth+remote+audio

Does anyone have any more info on the Exile BT? It connectsd using RCAs correct? hardwired for 12V power?

I think im going to give this one a try since the Milennium I tried never would work.

Does anyone have any more info on the Exile BT? It connectsd using RCAs correct? hardwired for 12V power?

I think im going to give this one a try since the Milennium I tried never would work.

exbt4_3q.1000.jpg

Nevermind... I founf the additional phot that clearly answers both of my questions.

Shawn - Thanks. I just found that photo myself and posted it as well. I'll delete now since you posted it as well and its rather large.

Edited by chris4x4gill2
martinarcher

Looks like a nice piece but I wonder if it does anything to segregate electrical noise between the power input and the audio output. That's been an issue for me with BT on our boat or using car charger and a 3.5mm connector to our pre-amp.

Martin -

The issue your experiencing has to do with the power supply your BT device and how you have it connected to your stereo. The EXBT4 has a BT4.0 compliant power supply which is fancy words for low noise / lower power consumption. So, yes it should help your situation. The device consumes ~30mA of current at full output. This is very low and low noise. Although not a guarantee to eliminate potential noise or ground loops in a given boat stereo, your at least a leg up to start. Furthering this thought - I recommend users connect power and ground directly to the EQ and not another place at the helm (for example). This will eliminate potential for ground loops.
-Brian

If the phone, using BT, has no noise running on battery power but has noise when using a car charger, the BT receiver power supply and all its various properties and connections have nothing to do with the noise. Why? Because the noise was introduced prior to the UHF transmission. The fact that the BT to EQ or HU relationship has no noise when the car charger is not used proves that the noise is not an issue with the BT receiver internals or wiring. This is different from having a phone hard-wired into the EQ or HU input.

I'll make you one ;) Although the Exile unit will replace the BT source in the boat

DC585095-801B-4894-B967-4D6B5D7E7782_zps

Edited by wakebrdr94

I ordered one this morning. Think it makes it here by Friday so I can install it before I put the boat on the lift for the summer on Saturday?

I am currently running one of these from wetsounds

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WW-VC-BT.html

Like the convenience of control over volume, pause, mute etc.

Get a little bit of hiss at high volume, only audible between tracks which we did not get when just using the 3.5mm headphone direct line.

Connected in a similar manner as Martin Archer outlined

Not sure what version of Bluetooth this is compared to the exile?

Anyone know & if there would be any sound quality gains to offset the convenience of control?

Martin -

The issue your experiencing has to do with the power supply your BT device and how you have it connected to your stereo. The EXBT4 has a BT4.0 compliant power supply which is fancy words for low noise / lower power consumption. So, yes it should help your situation. The device consumes ~30mA of current at full output. This is very low and low noise. Although not a guarantee to eliminate potential noise or ground loops in a given boat stereo, your at least a leg up to start. Furthering this thought - I recommend users connect power and ground directly to the EQ and not another place at the helm (for example). This will eliminate potential for ground loops.
-Brian

Can you clarify? On your wake world plug, you suggested wiring your BT's B+ to turn-on trigger? That for sure is an invite for noise.

As for power and ground, yes again. You'll want to connect to your 420 ground and 420 remote line so the BT device turns on and off at the time the 420 does.

This unit would be sweet if it some how could be swapped for the existing BT receiver in the new Bu's. Anyone have any insight to if thats possible?

• 3 weeks later...