Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Rlxi

SAG JUNKY

As many as possible! :)

If you are looking to make the RLXi go shoot me the info and we might be able to move it for you.

Thanks Roy,

Peter

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• WakeGirl

• SunriseH2OSkier

• Malibudude

I've never seen a lap top with a wireless connection being used on a boat before is my basis for that comment.

I'd be interested in pictures and might be compelled to get caught up in the hype, but the real test is when I get to drive it and ride it.

Actually, my wireless hits the laptop quite well at the end of the dock. Can't say I've ever surfed the net from there, however, 'cause it's too bright and washes out my screen. :(

I can't wait to get behind an 07 RLXi so I can get a 'real feel' of what it's like. But, in fact, you'll probably do this before me--so I'd be interested in your opinion of it.

Until then, I'm going to get caught up in the hype and talk trash with the rest of these Bozo's. Nothing like the speculation about a new or improved model to get the heart pumping! Surprised.gif

Well said. I haven't received anything yet, although I have called & left a message for my source. So we'll see what we get. I leave for Texas Thursday morning, so if it isn't before that it will have to wait until next week.

I use my laptop in the boat all the time. With the bimini up I can usually read the screen OK. If I am anywhere near the dock my 3-Com wireless works good. If not, the cellular modem in the laptop kicks in. Of course, the wireless is encrypted so don't cruise past my dock expecting to hop on my signal. Crazy.gif

Last time I had my boat in for maintanence at the dealer I was able to wait for the work to be done. Went to a bar for a burger and used someones signal nearby. If you have wireless at your place, ENCRYPT it. Not only for the obvious security reasons but there can be legal issues if someone bad gets traced to your service.

If you have wireless at your place, ENCRYPT it. Not only for the obvious security reasons but there can be legal issues if someone bad gets traced to your service.

I know this is getting to be off topic, but I take this one step further and only allow particular MAC addresses to access my wireless router.

I know this is getting to be off topic, but I take this one step further and only allow particular MAC addresses to access my wireless router.

If you're trying to keep people off your signal, that's all you should need to do. If you're trying to protect your information, you need to encrypt it.

If you're trying to keep people off your signal, that's all you should need to do. If you're trying to protect your information, you need to encrypt it.

I do both...

I get way more then enough computer time at work. I go to the lake to get away from computers and the only reason I'll have my cell is if I'm trying to find my ski buddies or someone to drive. Otherwise it can stay in the car, the computer can stay at home.

Guys- please get out more often and smell the lake water! Life's short so ski hard while you can.

Jerry, any thoughts on when are you going to buy a new boat? Or a new-used boat? Maybe we could go 2008 at the same time, once they work the bugs out of the 2007.

BTW, did I ever tell you that I saw your boat, in person, before you did?

skisix, you are all to right on that statement. However the only time I am on the thinkpad in the boat is when the boat is my office. Would you rather be siting in an 8X8 in a waterless city pounding your work out or siting in your bou over blue water doing your work? I do 4 days in the office and one when my office is on the lake.

BTW: Agreed, specific mac address and encryption is the way to go, highest level encryption that all the authorized laptops using that newwork support.

Jerry, any thoughts on when are you going to buy a new boat? Or a new-used boat? Maybe we could go 2008 at the same time, once they work the bugs out of the 2007.

BTW, did I ever tell you that I saw your boat, in person, before you did?

looking cautiously over each shoulder to make sure my wife isn't watching... ;)

2008 sounds pretty good - should be about right. I'll be going the new route, unless a deal falls into my lap like my RLXi did. Didn't know you had seen it, but realizing how close you are to Peter's shop, it makes sense. I was crawling out of my skin in anticipation at the time - it was all I could do at the time to not drive all the way there to pick her up! Thankfully Peter sent some pics to hold me over. :)

skisix, you are all to right on that statement. However the only time I am on the thinkpad in the boat is when the boat is my office. Would you rather be siting in an 8X8 in a waterless city pounding your work out or siting in your bou over blue water doing your work? I do 4 days in the office and one when my office is on the lake.

BTW: Agreed, specific mac address and encryption is the way to go, highest level encryption that all the authorized laptops using that newwork support.

You are more disciplined than me! I couldn't even think about work if I were sitting in my boat on the lake. If it were windy or raining, I would just be mad that the conditions sucked. If I didn't have a driver there, then it would be dead calm and I be upset that I wasn't efficiently using my time because I could ski now and get tired and then try to work later. I might as well call it a day off.

Good on ya if you can make it work for you though!

Edited by skisix@38
looking cautiously over each shoulder to make sure my wife isn't watching... ;)

Didn't know you had seen it, but realizing how close you are to Peter's shop, it makes sense.

Yeah, I checked it over thoroughly while wearing my muddy workboots, then jumped up and down on the seats to check for sturdiness while eating a piece of pizza. Oops. Dontknow.gif

Maybe we could hatch up some scheme where we email each other's wives to spread negative propaganda about the old boats. Crazy.gif

Excuse me but where did the thread about the 2007 RLXi disappear to?
Dontknow.gif

The lack of material is due to WakeWench not pressing for DETAILS!!!!!

Yeah, I checked it over thoroughly while wearing my muddy workboots, then jumped up and down on the seats to check for sturdiness while eating a piece of pizza. Oops. Dontknow.gif

:smarta$$:

Maybe we could hatch up some scheme where we email each other's wives to spread negative propaganda about the old boats. Crazy.gif

Now yer thinkin! I heard your boat has a trunk lid that is sagging big time. Something about a heffer laying across it? :)

HEY! Don't talk about my Mrs. that way! Starwars.gif Although, feel free to use the sagging trunk lid as ammunition for justifying a new boat. . .

No pictures yet, sorry guys. My source is nervous about releasing them too soon & wants to wait just a bit longer. I did post general details for '07 in the other thread, so you may want to take a look. As soon as I have more info on the RLXI I will post it here. There are some changes to the Limited/Silver editions that I posted over there, most notably is that both the VLX & RLXI will get the Hammerhead. Neither the LS7 or Z06 motors will be used because of cost considerations.

LINK

• 2 months later...

Okay, here's the one picture that I have of an '07 RLXI. This was taken at our NW WOW by our dealer & is not only a local boat but a member's boat (1morepass). Not the best angle, but I like the way this boat sits on the water. It's definitely different than the previous model since there's not just more freeboard but less dip in the nose, but it looks good to my eyes. JMO of course. :)

gallery_1_29_18126.jpg

Yeah, from that angle it looks fine - of course, from that angle it doesn't really look all that different from the '03-'06 version. Would love to see more pics of that boat from the side/front - looks like some nice colors.