Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Parking the BU in the yard

jvianco

I remember a post from a while ago where someone was asking about parking their BU in the yard, and how to keep it from tearing up the yard. Someone had replied to this post with a product that looked like steel grates that you can put into the yard and the grass will grow up through and around it to make it invisible, but would add stability for keeping the boat from leaving ruts in the yard.

Can anyone help me find this product? I've looked here and over on WSR and can't seem to locate it.

JV

Go to www.grasscrete.com and see what they have to offer. Grasscrete is a registered TradeMark for this "stuff" and you should be able to find local distrubutors for it. I think Lowes and Home Depot have it as well. All it basically is, is a perforated paving system that allows you to fill the holes with good dirt and sow some grass seed in the holes. The concrete (they have plastic as well) becomes the wear surface and the grass hides the concrete from view.

I remember a post from a while ago where someone was asking about parking their BU in the yard, and how to keep it from tearing up the yard. Someone had replied to this post with a product that looked like steel grates that you can put into the yard and the grass will grow up through and around it to make it invisible, but would add stability for keeping the boat from leaving ruts in the yard.

Can anyone help me find this product? I've looked here and over on WSR and can't seem to locate it.

JV

If your boat sits there for most of the week, your grass will not grow...it needs sun!

My swim platform hangs off of the concrete pad in my yard and that alone was enough to kill the grass.

First off, I don't have any cars on blocks, I dropped all those off in Kentucky when I moved to NC Biggrin.gif. Secondly, I'm not too worried about the grass growing, or dying for that matter. I'm just looking for a solution other than paving or concrete to park the boat and not have to worry about the ground being all muddy if it's rained when I'm parking or hitching up the boat. I hope to be able to park the Bu in the garage soon, but that may even be an issue with the angle of our driveway.

JV

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoa_consumer_produc...geo/en/home.asp

I used this stuff, it was easy to install and looks and works great. The cement block you can see through the grass, this mesh system is under the grass so you don't even see it. When I drive or park on the grass, the blades will smash down, but pop up when I move off of the grass. It isn't real cheap but definitly worth it

post-36-1149732752_thumb.jpg

All you do is add small rocks and top soil to fill it in, then plant grass seed. I think I could have used sod as well.

post-36-1149732853_thumb.jpg

Do you have to remove the cars on blocks to park your 'bu in your yard?

Whistling.gif

Like the Jeff Foxworthy joke......If you mow your lawn and find a boat....you might be a redneck!

Get a yard in NW New Jersey. Our soil is properly billed as a Pile Of Rocks With a Little Dirt in Between. Boat never makes a dent.

But, it's the garden state....

http://www.alcoa.com/alcoa_consumer_produc...geo/en/home.asp

I used this stuff, it was easy to install and looks and works great. The cement block you can see through the grass, this mesh system is under the grass so you don't even see it. When I drive or park on the grass, the blades will smash down, but pop up when I move off of the grass. It isn't real cheap but definitly worth it

Do you recall roughly how expensive it was? I looked on their site, but naturally they didn't list any kind of pricing information.

JV