Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Escalade ESV Experiences

Mechmaster

I am looking at purchasing a 07 Escalade ESV to replace my 05 Silverado 2500 Duramax as the Silverado is too small for my family now.

Does anyone have one of these? How is the mileage?

I just traded in an RWD '07 Escalade (non-ESV) for an 4x4 '15 Yukon Denali. So my mileage will be better than yours by 1 or 2 mpg I'd imagine due to weight. My wife did mainly in town driving and the average mile read out was 12.8mpg. When rolling down the freeway at 70mph I could get about 18.5-19mpg out of it with the tires over inflated by about 1psi.

towing a boat..... well, just like everything in boating and gasoline. don't ask. But it towed the boat sooooo well.

Also, just a note. There is not anything even remotely like an aux input or bluetooth in that year Escalade. Not a big deal for some, but thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Slurpee

My wife has a 11 normal length platinum. The mileage is very dependant on your right foot. We have gotten as good as 12 and as bad as 8 pulling the boat.

But the way it handles and rides with the magnetic ride shocks and air ride is amazing.

But it sure looks better pulling the boat then my diesel.

post-15476-0-35566700-1426799794_thumb.j

Edited by cowwboy

I have an ESV. Larger gas tank than the standard with a few pounds less for tongue and tow I believe. I did put an air bag helper kit on the rear to help with the sag and bounce from the boat.

I have an ESV. Larger gas tank than the standard with a few pounds less for tongue and tow I believe. I did put an air bag helper kit on the rear to help with the sag and bounce from the boat.

Doesn't the air ride suspension help with the sag? I have a '10 Yukon Denali and sag is not a problem.

Mech- what boat would you tow with it?

The boat is my '98 VLX on a tandem trailer; it should tow that boat with no issues.

Thanks for the mileage beta.

Doesn't the air ride suspension help with the sag? I have a '10 Yukon Denali and sag is not a problem.

I did a 2/3 drop on mine with factory air ride. The air bag helpers were just to stiffen the ride and take corners tighter. My trips to the lake are very hilly with a lot of corners. I'm not saying the factory air ride is bad tho. For 200 bucks I'm able to dial in the perfect psi stiffness which will increase the life of my factory air ride shocks imo.

I did a 2/3 drop on mine with factory air ride. The air bag helpers were just to stiffen the ride and take corners tighter. My trips to the lake are very hilly with a lot of corners. I'm not saying the factory air ride is bad tho. For 200 bucks I'm able to dial in the perfect psi stiffness which will increase the life of my factory air ride shocks imo.

Extending the life is a good idea . . . I just replaced one at $700!

• 3 weeks later...

I sold an '09 GMC Yukon XL Denali about 3 months ago (6.2 liter with 6 speed tranny).

Bought it with 44K miles and sold it with 90K miles.

Pulled my '04 21' VLX Sunscape all around ND & MN.

Always seemed to pull the boat really well. Engine revs awfully high if you try to use cruise on interstate (so I didn't).

I normally pulled about 65mph and we don't have much for hills around here (wind can be nasty in ND, however).

Pulling boat @ 65 mph it was normally around 10 mpg w/ nasty wind this can drop to 7-8 mpg.

Not pulling boat going 65 mph you could get 18-19 mpg. Going 75-80 mph that will drop to 15 right quick.

In town, in winter (-10 to +30 degrees F) it sucks gas big time. 10 mpg. idling at skating rink & swimming pool.

I owned the vehicle for 30 months and it dropped $12K. from $40K to $28K.

Very nice vehicle overall. Smooth, quiet, safe, great traction, etc.

There is a reason GM kicks everyone in the full size SUV deal.

Our company buys new Denali XL's and LTZ Suburban's. We normally get 350-400K miles out of them (awfully anal about service).