Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alarm

Greg_S

Many of you know that I had my stereo and amps stolen not too long ago. I don't have too many options on storage 1) Leave it where it is, which has nothing more than a 6' high gate as security. It is our HOA's facility and it costs $38/month. 2) I've checked into nearby facility's and they are charging $250+ per month. My deductible is only $500 so its hard to justify the extra expense. Our HOA is looking at getting better security at the storage yard.

I had an alarm installed to deter would be thieves and make me feel better about leaving the boat in the water when we are on vacation. There is a motion sensor (adjustable), starter kill and a door sensor on the passenger compartment. It also has a little flashing light on the dash.

It cost $300 to have it installed and I just thought some may be interested. They had one for $600 that will page you, but it only works up to a mile or so.

Edited by Greg_S

Is there any houses close enough to hear your alarm going off if someone was to break in again? Will those people call you or the cops?

Put a little sticker on your amps that say, "smile your on camera" :lol: It might scare them away Dontknow.gif

I have an alarm on mine primarily for the amps. If the observers seat door opens it goes off. It does drain your battery though. I have a solar trickle that helps, but for extended periods of non use I still have to hook up to a charger prior to hitting the water.

Trip wire with a 5lb barbell falling from from the tower would be nice too?

Also, you may want to have the stereo shop set the amps up so they are easy to remove and re-install? That way you could remove them prior to storage. KC