Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nice Racks- Slingshot

Muffintop

Does anybody have the Slingshot Nice Racks for Illusion X? There was a lot of talk about them, but I can't find them at any retailer on line- even going through the links on the Nice Rack website. Also, the video showing the Slingshot is disabled on the website. My Metcraft swing away racks I got on my 06 VLX SUCK. Loose fit, clapping boards, sh*tty design.

Does anybody have the Slingshot Nice Racks for Illusion X? There was a lot of talk about them, but I can't find them at any retailer on line- even going through the links on the Nice Rack website. Also, the video showing the Slingshot is disabled on the website. My Metcraft swing away racks I got on my 06 VLX SUCK. Loose fit, clapping boards, sh*tty design.

Call Nice-Racks direct

I'm with you on the crappy Metcraft racks. I can't believe those are the OEM Malibu racks. Mastercraft OEM racks are 100x better. Folks here seem to really like the Nice Racks, as I posted a similar question on another thread.

I have the tribal racks from NICE RACKS and love them very solid, and they come with a swivel mount also. I have pics of my racs up on wakesiderides.com under this same name. Check the malibu V-Rides and I have about three pics. There are also some on this site that i think that JEFFMX has on his boat. You can also buy from boardstop.com There are a few threads around this site that show good pics of the NICE RACKS don't know if anybody has the slingshot models

I have two sets of the Nice Rack slingshots for my Illusion X and love them. I also checked out Metcraft OEM racks and they are garbage. Poor design and poorly built IMO. The Nice racks are very sturdy they close and open with ease, I highly recommend them. Nice Rack is also coming out with a bracket to separate the racks, so they are not so close together if you have two racks on one side of the tower.

Awesome, my dealer is being really cool and taking the Crappy Metcraft and sending them back, and getting a set of the NICE slingshots in to take a look at and maybe start carrying.

Any pictures of the slingshot from anyone?

I have two sets of the Nice Rack slingshots for my Illusion X and love them. I also checked out Metcraft OEM racks and they are garbage. Poor design and poorly built IMO. The Nice racks are very sturdy they close and open with ease, I highly recommend them. Nice Rack is also coming out with a bracket to separate the racks, so they are not so close together if you have two racks on one side of the tower.

I have the Nice Rack Logo rack for my X and it is great, simple, clean design and well made as well.

Does the slingshot attachment swivel enough to turn all the way into the boat? Or does it only swivel 90 degrees. I ask because my garage is a tight fit and anything that protrudes any wider than the tower causes a bit of a clearance issue. Lift-offs would be great, but if a swivel will allow the rack to swivel into the boat that would be awesome. Any input?

right now I have just one rack because I can't get it into the garage with two.....

Thanks..

I have the Nice Rack Logo rack for my X and it is great, simple, clean design and well made as well.

Does the slingshot attachment swivel enough to turn all the way into the boat? Or does it only swivel 90 degrees. I ask because my garage is a tight fit and anything that protrudes any wider than the tower causes a bit of a clearance issue. Lift-offs would be great, but if a swivel will allow the rack to swivel into the boat that would be awesome. Any input?

right now I have just one rack because I can't get it into the garage with two.....

Thanks..

It only opens 90* heres a pic.

post-1292-1149826122_thumb.jpg

Are all slingshots tribal? I like the regular ovals a little better for my taste. Seems like the tribals would catch a lot of ropes and foreheads.

Are all slingshots tribal? I like the regular ovals a little better for my taste. Seems like the tribals would catch a lot of ropes and foreheads.

They are not all tribal, I in fact have there logo rack witch is circular.

Not sure if its a fluke, but i have some nice racks and over the weekend they buckled on me! My son's and my wakeboards were floating in the middle of the lake after falling and smacking the side of my boat! of course they floated and i retrieved them boat, a major party foul to start the weekend.

Anyways, when i got back nice racks were completely helpful to get them back up! Called monday received new screws and brackets on tuesday! Personal opinion it was probably an installation's fault, when i saw the bolt all the thread on the bracket was left on the bolt and obviously none in the bracket. Looks like a longer bolt would of with standed the pressure.

Anyone else feel my pain? Hopefully it was a fluke! i will let you know what happens with the new bolt! FYI, it was a standard 139 board and a 122 over some slightly choppy water that made them buckle. Not the heaviest setup, or the worse water!

They are not all tribal, I in fact have there logo rack witch is circular.

I love the looks and build quality of the Nice Racks and have the slingshots installed on my boat. I have run into a problem with the starboard rack tho....when I swing it open, the rack contacts the tower. On the port side the rack clears the tower by more than a 1/4". These are supposed to be the new and improved spacers to solve this problem as I know Jeffmx had the original set and they contacted the tower also. Horatio and Nice Rack is supposed to be working on a solution for me, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

I love the looks and build quality of the Nice Racks and have the slingshots installed on my boat. I have run into a problem with the starboard rack tho....when I swing it open, the rack contacts the tower. On the port side the rack clears the tower by more than a 1/4". These are supposed to be the new and improved spacers to solve this problem as I know Jeffmx had the original set and they contacted the tower also. Horatio and Nice Rack is supposed to be working on a solution for me, but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Ken,

Call Brent, and he will take care of it.

The backing plate you need is offset slightly back, so the aligning holes set the board rack back enough to clear the Illusion. You will still use the 1 mounting bolt to the tower- make sure to put lock tite on it !!

To tell you the truth, I really don't use the swing out option that much since the board racks are very easy to get to compared to my old Swoop.

By the way, the speakers look good! Biggrin.gif

Good luck,

Jeff

Ken,

The backing plate you need is offset slightly back, so the aligning holes set the board rack back enough to clear the Illusion. You will still use the 1 mounting bolt to the tower- make sure to put lock tite on it !!

To tell you the truth, I really don't use the swing out option that much since the board racks are very easy to get to compared to my old Swoop.

Good luck,

Jeff

Jeff

I have the newer version and the one on the right still hits. I am waiting for a fix from Nice Rack.....if they don't come up with something workable soon i am going to remove the swing out portions. I don't swing them very often either.....

Thanks

Ken

Ken,

Good luck,

Jeff

Jeff

I have the newer version and the one on the right still hits. I am waiting for a fix from Nice Rack.....if they don't come up with something workable soon i am going to remove the swing out portions. I don't swing them very often either.....

Thanks

Ken

Thats funny.. Mine on the right hits the tower very slightly too. You would think that they would make every thing the same, every time, both the tower and the racks...I will have to call Brent tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...I keep thinking the same thing every time I see them. I can't help but think I would have a new hole in my body if I were to end up getting those, especially since I have to climb into my boat right past the racks every time I enter on my lift.

LOL...I keep thinking the same thing every time I see them. I can't help but think I would have a new hole in my body if I were to end up getting those, especially since I have to climb into my boat right past the racks every time I enter on my lift.

Never have any problem with the ropes getting caught or anyone running into them....of course it could be because I have them on my 247, lots more room to get in and out.

Are these the best answer for replacement swing away racks? I am scared the crappy Metcraft racks are going to kill someone. I had one fail over the 4th and if someone had been sitting under it, the damage would have been awful.