Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More on (moron?) kite tubes

BigGator

Call me moron, call me lessoff - I get the shot to ride it, I am flying at it (pun intended).

Crazy.gif

Ok, moron as wifey speaking up here...you are not going to be on any KITE tube or wakeskate...no amount of health, dental, or life insurance will cover the damage I will do to you if you repeat your wakeskating injury. Baby.gif

For those who haven't had the pleasure to watch Todd on a tube...his behind does make it in the air AFTER he tries to stand up straight on the tube or taunt's the driver... Stupid.gif

Call me moron, call me lessoff - I get the shot to ride it, I am flying at it (pun intended).

Crazy.gif

Ok, moron as wifey speaking up here...you are not going to be on any KITE tube or wakeskate...no amount of health, dental, or life insurance will cover the damage I will do to you if you repeat your wakeskating injury. Baby.gif

For those who haven't had the pleasure to watch Todd on a tube...his behind does make it in the air AFTER he tries to stand up straight on the tube or taunt's the driver... Stupid.gif

Hmmm. I guess that settles it then. Biggrin.gif

Well - get them while you can... I suspect these things won't be on the market for too long (anyone remember ATCs? 3-wheelers?)...."-)

Anyone remember Lawn Darts?

Well - get them while you can... I suspect these things won't be on the market for too long (anyone remember ATCs? 3-wheelers?)...."-)

can the same anyone say de-ja-vu (or however you spell it)

I still have a set of the metal Darts, well a set of 3 anyway. Ya, waterbaloons can be dangerous in the hands of morons too.

But IMHO these kites will be off the US market by next spring. If nothing else the companies that make and sell them won't be able to afford the insurance.

Yes, I was goaltender for the Pollish dart team... Crazy.gif

Edited by 1FootDan

Now see, that's a great point Dave makes. Nobody is talking about all the wakeboarding/wakeskating/footin/skiing/blah injuries. Just the new kite tube ones. There are just as many morons getting hurt all the time on all the god ol trusty gear we take for granted. I for one know as someone who's been to the ER post wakeskating injuries that any moron can get hurt with any gear.

Bring on the tube.

So you're saying that trying a no-grab wake-to-wake the first time out on a wakeskate is a moronic move?

ROFL.gif

I tore both my groin muscles doing that. On the landing of my wake to wake at 24MPH, my rear foot slipped off the board, so when I landed my rear foot jabbed in the water and my right foot continued on the wakeskate causing me to do an atomic split... Took 2 years before I could back-deep again and still today, 3 years later... I still have not regained all my inner thight strenght. I never even thaught of jumping again with a wake skate. Now I stick to safer sports like barefooting and hydrofoiling.

People don't remember that hitting water can be like hitting concrete if done at the correct angle. It won't be long before someone will fall and land on or near enough to another boat to cause some REAL damage.

Does anyone remember Physics Class?

Spelled: deja vu and it feels like I'm having it all over again. . .

Close, it is spelled "déjà vu"... Tease.gif

People don't remember that hitting water can be like hitting concrete if done at the correct angle. It won't be long before someone will fall and land on or near enough to another boat to cause some REAL damage.

You are talking about boat damage right?? Crazy.gif

Look, Frenchy, I was just trying to improve his spelling without making him feel like a complete MORON. Tease2.gif

Terminal velocity human impact with water? Not sure anyone has successfully proved it.

Look, Frenchy, I was just trying to improve his spelling without making him feel like a complete MORON. Tease2.gif

Hey, I've got a disclaimer VVVVVVVVV - no need to improve my spelling!

It is spelled "Frenchie"... double tease... Tease2.gif

Ya think? In English, 'ie' generally denotes feminine and 'y' masculine. I guess I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But have it your way. Crazy.gif

Ya think? In English, 'ie' generally denotes feminine and 'y' masculine. I guess I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But have it your way. Crazy.gif

Oops... :Doh::blush: (Should have an emoticon of someone putting a foot in their mouth...)

Edited by 1FootDan

There's a father with his two kids that we always see out here on the river with one of those tubes. He's pulling it with a jetski one day and the tube and rider were actually above the jet ski and it's passanger. It was crazy. I thought for sure that tube was going to come down and land on them. Out here there are alot of dead heads in the water but, it doesn't seem to detour people much. It's sad to know that it will take more people dying before they realize how dangerous these things are. I wish people would think twice before putting there kids on them. :(

Edited by DRAGONFLYPRINCESS
There's a father with his two kids that we always see out here on the river with one of those tubes. He's pulling it with a jetski one day and the tube and rider were actually above the jet ski and it's passanger. It was crazy. I thought for sure that tube was going to come down and land on them. Out here there are alot of dead heads in the water but, it doesn't seem to detour people much. It's sad to know that it will take more people dying before they realize how dangerous these things are. I wish people would think twice before putting there kids on them. :(

I saw one being pulled behind a boat a week or so ago near Hebb Park.

I took care of a gal who was thrown off of a jet ski when she was the observer while a tube was being towed near Roger's Landing. It was not a pretty sight. She is doing well now, but it was a long time in the OR. Wakegirl doesn't want gross details on this family-friendly site.

I saw one being pulled behind a boat a week or so ago near Hebb Park.

I took care of a gal who was thrown off of a jet ski when she was the observer while a tube was being towed near Roger's Landing. It was not a pretty sight. She is doing well now, but it was a long time in the OR. Wakegirl doesn't want gross details on this family-friendly site.

Hmm, coming from an OB this must have been horrific.