Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oops, hit a rock

Texasguy

I'd be scared of structural damage also. If you bent the shaft and the strut, along with that much damage to the prop, I'd bet you've done some structural damage also.

I hit a log last sept and did nothing like that to my prop, just bent the shaft and strut, stressed the hull to the point that it caused several cracks.

I basically ended up with about $2800 insurance claim. Now Good OLE Skisafe has raised my insurance so high I'm going to have to go shopping for another company.

Don't you love how you go for years with no claims, then when you have to use it, BANG! They raise it so high you can't afford it the next year. Mad.gif

Edited by Sunset_Bob
I'd be scared of structural damage also. If you bent the shaft and the strut, along with that much damage to the prop, I'd bet you've done some structural damage also.

I hit a log last sept and did nothing like that to my prop, just bent the shaft and strut, stressed the hull to the point that it caused several cracks.

I basically ended up with about $2800 insurance claim. Now Good OLE Skisafe has raised my insurance so high I'm going to have to go shopping for another company.

Don't you love how you go for years with no claims, then when you have to use it, BANG! They raise it so high you can't afford it the next year. Mad.gif

That's why you shouldn't shop for insurance on price alone.

That's why you shouldn't shop for insurance on price alone.

That makes me glad I did not file a claim for our Nautique with Ski Safe when it got loose during a storm. We are still using them now for the Bu so I guess if something big happens we will be shopping again. We have been with them for 11 years.

I hope you can get her back on the water soon. We are still running without our front fin after a log strike in April. We were lucky to have no glass damage, but did have the shaft allignment checked. It was barely out a tad.

Edited by 89SN2001