Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My F150 build thread

wakesetter8796

Looking good. I love my F-150. First pickup for me so I haven't done much to it yet but I have the itch to mod anything I own so I know the feeling.

Yeah man... first pickup for me too. I want it to be a truck version of my mustang, white and black theme. I really need to get a CAI, exhaust, and tune. I heard it really wakes up the ecoboost motor.

Yeah man... first pickup for me too. I want it to be a truck version of my mustang, white and black theme. I really need to get a CAI, exhaust, and tune. I heard it really wakes up the ecoboost motor.

Those things will wake the ecoboost up. Be sure you look into aftermarket blow off valves. I would also look at downpipes as part of your exhaust and maybe even a catch can. Do a little research....I think the 2011 had some moisture issues with the turbos & intercoolers. It was resolved at some point and I think the issue was primarily with the earlier 2011's. Not 100% sure on that though.

• Like 1

Those things will wake the ecoboost up. Be sure you look into aftermarket blow off valves. I would also look at downpipes as part of your exhaust and maybe even a catch can. Do a little research....I think the 2011 had some moisture issues with the turbos & intercoolers. It was resolved at some point and I think the issue was primarily with the earlier 2011's. Not 100% sure on that though.

Will do. I read that too. I'll check my build date. Also I heard it's important to change the oil in these on time, more so than normal cars.

Will do. I read that too. I'll check my build date. Also I heard it's important to change the oil in these on time, more so than normal cars.

I think that's true, particularly without a catch can. I leased a 2011 and am now leasing a 2014. Next one I'll buy and play with after the warranty, but for now it's stock and I change the oil every 5,000.

There's some crazy things you can do to the exhaust on these things.

• Like 1

Do the HIDs right regardless of lift. Install the projector kit as referenced by uwskier. Otherwise you're going to blind oncoming traffic.

Edited by Pnwrider
  • Like 3

Yeah Yeah I know haha. I just don't wanna drop $1k in custom made projectors or OEM ones. Rather put that towards someting else.

Yeah Yeah I know haha. I just don't wanna drop $1k in custom made projectors or OEM ones. Rather put that towards someting else.

Then just put some silverstar bulbs in and spare everyone else the blinding light.

• Like 2