Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My F150 build thread

wakesetter8796

So a month ago I purchased a 2011 F150 XLT 4x4 with the ecoboost. I love it so far, but I don't like to leave anything stock. So I started doing things the day I brought it back. Most have been minor so far, since I am saving up $ to do a 6 inch lift/wheels and tires in the next few months. Anyway, here's the stock truck. http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg561/dirtbiker8796/20150122_152713.jpg?1424836719230&1424836719599

My eventual goal is to get rid of all chrome. So the wheels will go, and the grille will be replaced by a black mesh unit. Also the bumpers will be painted white to match.

Omg you're killing me. Use the IMG link to the right of your photos in photobucket to post the picture in the forum.

Edit: Pics are huge, but +1 F150 BUILT FORD TOUGH

20150129_193413.jpg

20150124_184857.jpg

Edited by jonredcorn

The 6" lift (and I assume 35's) will be a huge upgrade.

And awesome for towing ;) Looks like the stock tires are around 32" tall. So you're going to add a 6" lift to accommodate an extra 1.5" of tire ??

Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 1

Nice build. Where did the fog lights come from? My 14 fx4 has hid lights but they left the fog lights cheap. Have you done LEDs anywhere?

Check that site I noted a few posts back. There's plenty of info there on led fog lamps.

Nice build. Where did the fog lights come from? My 14 fx4 has hid lights but they left the fog lights cheap. Have you done LEDs anywhere?

I have not, I have a buddy who sells HID kits. So he hooked me up. I am gonna buy LEDs for all the interior lights as well. Also debating an LED light bar on the roof.

Omg you're killing me. Use the IMG link to the right of your photos in photobucket to post the picture in the forum.

Edit: Pics are huge, but +1 F150 BUILT FORD TOUGH

20150129_193413.jpg

20150124_184857.jpg

I was trying to remember how to do that!

And awesome for towing ;) Looks like the stock tires are around 32" tall. So you're going to add a 6" lift to accommodate an extra 1.5" of tire ??

Well the 6 inches of lift will be to accommodate for the -44 offset of the wheels.. (sticks out about 5 inches past stock.)