Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I ride vs. V ride

curtisco24

If you weight them the same the wakes should be the same...just compensate for the engine being a few feet forward by adding more weight to the rear.

BTW-arn't these questions you should have been asking BEFORE you bought the boat Tease2.gif

I had an 04 Waksetter and I know have a Vride. There is no comparison in wakes. The VRide unweighted has a much better wake than the I-ride weighted. But if you still want to hit the slalom couse better stick with the I ride.

the Vride will have a better wake hands down. I may be mistaken but I think the vride has the same hull as the previous wakesetter VLXs which properly weighted throws up a KILLER wake both in terms of size and shape.

I had an 04 Waksetter and I know have a Vride. There is no comparison in wakes. The VRide unweighted has a much better wake than the I-ride weighted. But if you still want to hit the slalom couse better stick with the I ride.

Thats the same boat so how can the wakes be any different? Was your Wakesetter a DD? Because an 04 VLX is the same as an 05/06 Vride.

Thats the same boat so how can the wakes be any different? Was your Wakesetter a DD? Because an 04 VLX is the same as an 05/06 Vride.

I think the DD Wakesetter use to be called just Wakesetter and then there was the wakesetter VLX.

I think the DD Wakesetter use to be called just Wakesetter and then there was the wakesetter VLX.

You are correct, sir. Yes.gif

A side bonus, the V-ride will be quieter as well.

There is a bonus to have some additional noise.... Biggrin.gif

Early hearing loss ?? Dontknow.gifBiggrin.gif