Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat cover

I have a UWS cover (tan canvas) that came with my boat and it is a little dirty from morning dew then dust getting on it. It does not stay out in the winter and stays in my shop must of the time but it is a little dirty and I want to know how or if anyone has cleaned theirs?

I just wash mine in a super capacity washer machine at a laundry mat.

I don't use any soap. And, I wash it twice. After the first run, I pull it out and put it back in. They're so big, they tend to ball up during the wash cycle and therefore, you should pull them out and alter the positon for the second wash.

Ours seems to have mildew on it. I was thinkink of laying it out in the driveway and scrubbing it with a bleach solution or something similar. Any thoughts?

I do the same thing as Pete - super capacity washer - but use Woolite. Afterwards it drys I spray it down with 303.

Once every spring and you should be good to go.

Mike

I lay a large tarp on the driveway and then put the cover on top of that and powerwash it LIGHTLY from 1-2 feet away. I then scrub it with a soft (usually blue) brush (common deck scrub brush found at West Marine, with extension pole so you are not on your knees), then rinse with powerwasher and coat with fabric guard.

Can't remember the name of the fabric guard, but it is also commonly available at West Marine (or similar store) and "re-charges" the water repellent properties of the Sunbrella material very nicely. Hang out to dry after cleaned and coated.

Thanks for sharing all the good ideas guys. The trip to the Lakes & back takes us through rural areas and where the bovine bessies cross the road, even though you slow down to a slow walking pace with the hazard flashers going, it is more than just mud that they lay on the bitumen. Lovely odour - esp as the sun dries it out.

Washed mine twice yesterday in a machine but couldn't get the mildew out. I'm going to try to lay it out and soak it in something stronger and use a scrub brush.

Edited by Arkid