Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First day out.

R1LOVER

Well for the first time this year we took the boat out today. I have been super busy with the new baby and work the last few months, so I'm a little late this year.

After getting the boat out from the side of the house and removing the cover and tarp for it's winter protection, I spent about 5 hours getting her all cleaned up.

In January I put a new Orbital blue top battery in her and so the first thing I check is the battery... Dead as a door nail. :( I checked it and it only had 5.3 volts..... After spending $150 on it I was a little upset. I took it back to where I bought it and they didn't have any more of the same battery so they gave me a Optima Blue top instead. I came home and installed the battery.... Tried to start the boat and click click click.... Long story short I removed the starter and cleaned the solenoid, bench tested and reinstalled - worked great.

So on the lake today, everything seemed to be great until I looked at the temperature gauge.... it seemed to fluctuate from 0-240 and above.... keep in mind I just took off from the shore so it could not have been that warm that fast. So after pulling up the engine cover and double checking the wire connection and feeling the cold water going through the hoses I felt fine that it was just the gauge or sending unit.

Then I looked at the depth meter and I'm missing the second digit now.... lol

So overall it was a great day, I was just using today to get all the bugs out and I expected something not to work after the long winter we had. Anyway... so here is the oist of things I need to do in the next two weeks or so.

Any tips or advice is welcomed.

1. Fix the Temp gauge - I will start with the sending unit - unless someone here says different.

2. Find another depth gauge - hopefully one that will just plug in and replace the stock one?

3. Find a new cover as my stock one is just about gone. I need this one quick. any ideas?

4. New hitch. I need to find a replacement hitch with hyd brakes to replace the one I have now on the trailer. any ideas on which model to get?

Thanks for the help.....

Oh ya, it was a great day overall, the wife and I just cruised most of the day and listened to the radio.... had a few and kicked back in the sun. It was great to have some alone time with the wife after the last few months. :) :) :)

... It was great to have some alone time with the wife after the last few months. :) :) :)

Gotta make sure you MAKE that time - away from the newborn. Remember why you made that baby in the first place :)

Congrats on getting the Bu in the water again. Congrats on getting back to the Bu basics with your lady, the sun and some good tunes. Man, you just can't beat that.

... It was great to have some alone time with the wife after the last few months. :) :) :)

Gotta make sure you MAKE that time - away from the newborn. Remember why you made that baby in the first place :)

Congrats on getting the Bu in the water again. Congrats on getting back to the Bu basics with your lady, the sun and some good tunes. Man, you just can't beat that.

You hit the nail on the head....... I can't remember a time in the past year or so that we have had such a good time.... I jut love the water, some good music and a few refreshments. I was in heaven... :)

Any thoughts on the Hitch or Gauges?

Any thoughts on the Hitch or Gauges?

Ya, talk to PistolPete. :)

Sorry, I'm a dufus and didn't know the answer to any of those Q's. You just hit home with me on your day.