Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

33 minutes ago, 95echelon said:

Clean indeed!  Too much white inside for my tastes, but  certainly a nice one.  Too much $$ though.  

Is it just me, or does it appear that there would be a LOT of tongue weight on this one??  Wheels seem too far back.

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Clean indeed!  Too much white inside for my tastes, but  certainly a nice one.  Too much $$ though.  

Is it just me, or does it appear that there would be a LOT of tongue weight on this one??  Wheels seem too far back.

Seems like they set the '01s up like that a lot.  My dad's single axle setup is similar.  One axle mounted aft of where the front axle is on that tandem.  And yeah, it's a fair bit of tongue weight but my Denali tows it nicely.

IMG_20161025_093328_01.jpg

Edited by UWSkier
12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

V-drive's have the trailer axle(s) positioned further back because the boat's center of gravity is further back than a direct drive's.  If they weren't, you might end up with negative tongue weight.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, John I. said:

A Response jet drive? I would love to see more pics of the plumbing. 

fyi - thrust vectors are like tiny rudders to better direct output from the jet nozzle

Not a single picture of the drive.  And if you think inboards back up and handle bad at low speed, try a jetboat some time.

2 minutes ago, MadMan said:

V-drive's have the trailer axle(s) positioned further back because the boat's center of gravity is further back than a direct drive's.  If they weren't, you might end up with negative tongue weight.

I realize that.  I have a tandem and mine aren't that far back.  Maybe it's the angle of the pic?

Edited by Brodie
2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

that's an awesome boat.  Wonder if it comes with a Wedge.  Also wonder what's up with the California plate.

One of the pics has CF #'s on the boat too. The salesman I bought my boat from back in '01 ordered most of his stock boats with the white primary "color" panel. A very clean, classic look. Wonder if that boat is a SoCal native....  

CF.jpg

Edited by John I.
insert pic
6 hours ago, 95echelon said:

Clean, low hours and neutral colors.  Neutral colors aren't the easiest thing to find in these years of Malibu's...a lot of dated tan interiors and dated exterior colors.

That boat's problem is it is pretty low optioned boat.  Basically the base motor as it is rare to find the carbed one on these models.  No tower.  No wedge (just bracket).  No PP.  Might have the center bag, but that's not much of a plus since it is junk.  Lowrance gauge package at least.  No bow filler cushion.  Basically, unless you are looking for a cruiser or ski tug (and this is one of the best skiing V-drives around), you will have a lot of money into getting her right.

1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

Clean, low hours and neutral colors.  Neutral colors aren't the easiest thing to find in these years of Malibu's...a lot of dated tan interiors and dated exterior colors.

That boat's problem is it is pretty low optioned boat.  Basically the base motor as it is rare to find the carbed one on these models.  No tower.  No wedge (just bracket).  No PP.  Might have the center bag, but that's not much of a plus since it is junk.  Lowrance gauge package at least.  No bow filler cushion.  Basically, unless you are looking for a cruiser or ski tug (and this is one of the best skiing V-drives around), you will have a lot of money into getting her right.

I could see that for sure. It does have the cushion listed, but that's about it. I HATE carbs.

7 hours ago, P6Expert said:

And the contact number for both is in Palmer Alaska!  LOL  But you do get free airfare.  Once the cheque is in the Nigerian Prince's bank account.

5 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I've seen the Corvette boats listed for a lot more than that.  No idea on selling price though.

That’s what’s I thought too.  

That must have been some sort of special/limited edition because that seems insane. 

There was a really nice one posted here a couple months ago...I wanna say it was in the 35-45 range. 

2 minutes ago, Cazan said:

That must have been some sort of special/limited edition because that seems insane. 

There was a really nice one posted here a couple months ago...I wanna say it was in the 35-45 range. 

Peter (Smoothwatersports) can probably tell us the total number produced, but I recall it was in low two digits.  And you know, there is always someone who wants something unique.  And I am happy to sell it to them.  :)

1 hour ago, MadMan said:

That is close to my 29 foot Ercoa (seating) except mine only has 180hp and does 30mph. And I have a better stereo - I think.  And a hard top.

Who wants to go 60 while exposed to the wind? I guess if you want the fastest pontoon on the lake?