Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

19 hours ago, UWSkier said:

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=64927

I know a guy in Texas who said he'd love to have a late model Response LXi someday just to have as a cruise-around boat.  This one is about as clean, sharp, and low hours as you'll find from that first vintage.  Sharp boat!

It better be like new…. Isn’t the asking price about what I was new in 04?

4 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Thought you would never part with that. Calling it quits on the skinny stick? 

I don't want to.  But the reality is that I don't need it.  It's not been used much this season at all.  All 4 of the kids would rather be on a surf or wakeboard.  The better half and I like both.  The lake we live on is not friendly for wake boats and is where the RLXi and pontoon live.  10 miles down the road, the 25LSV lives on a larger lake at one of our rental houses.  That lake also has a course where I have friends with dedicated DD boats so I always have a pull.  If we still lived there, I would not consider selling the RLXi.  We won't be living there for another 6 years (When the boys can drive) due to school bussing and our work schedules, so letting her go to someone who will use her makes sense.  I hate the idea of selling, but also hate the idea of having a 3rd boat to maintain and store that I don't really use.  I'm not at all calling it quits on the skinny stick, just not doing it as much as I'd like.

When we move back there, I'll likely get another DD.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 06malibu said:

Agreed. Im tempted to grab it

You're given a bathtub and you can outfit it how you wish.  The motor may work but if not, you can put whatever you wanted on it.  I am sure exterior would cleanup well.  If I were closer, it would be a fun winter project.

2 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

:cry:I'm not a FB member.... What is it? 

aggravates me to no end that FB marketplace has become so popular.  I got off FB in 2016 and have no desire ever to reactivate my account.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

aggravates me to no end that FB marketplace has become so popular.  I got off FB in 2016 and have no desire ever to reactivate my account.

Market place is the only reason I use it. Id actually save money deleting the app. Craigslist has suffered since marketplace took off

Edited by 06malibu
42 minutes ago, 06malibu said:

Market place is the only reason I use it. Id actually save money deleting the app. Craigslist has suffered since marketplace took off

I temporarily reactivated my FB last autumn when I was RV shopping. TBH I find Marketplace to be a pain to use. Craig's search is much more granular IMO. 

5 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I temporarily reactivated my FB last autumn when I was RV shopping. TBH I find Marketplace to be a pain to use. Craig's search is much more granular IMO. 

100% agree.  And yet I feel like marketplace is taking over.  Far fewer of those "rare gems" seem to get posted on CL.  CL seems to be mostly dealer posts on stuff.  A better FB search engine where you could select for actual location would be awesome.  

7 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

100% agree.  And yet I feel like marketplace is taking over.  Far fewer of those "rare gems" seem to get posted on CL.  CL seems to be mostly dealer posts on stuff.  A better FB search engine where you could select for actual location would be awesome.  

Agreed, usually dealer spam which I don’t understand since you have to pay to post on Craigslist now. 

For selling cars, Marketplace is faster, for me.

20 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

Strange. It wants me to login to proceed on my pc. :dontknow: 

It shouldn't for a direct link of a product, but just marketplace, it will.

3 hours ago, footndale said:

For selling cars, Marketplace is faster, for me.

It shouldn't for a direct link of a product, but just marketplace, it will.

You can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's @ss.... or you could take the butcher's word for it.

Edited by BlindSquirrel
  • Haha 2
On 9/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, UWSkier said:

Then create another account.  Doesn't mean you need to have friends or anything else - just an account to use for Marketplace.

• 3 weeks later...