Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

With the recent dog piling on of the oil price skirmish between Putin and MBS adding to the Covid-19 thing, there are a lot of hurting cowboys up here in the oil patch.  Prices are dropping for sure.

Are you finding it's mostly word of mouth?  Or is there a certain sales site that area uses?  I'm in BC and looking but not much listed on CL/Kijiji right now. 

5 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Haven't noticed big drops in prices, but inventory is super thin for this time of year too.  There's only one RLXi on Onlyinboards right now.  Usually this time of year there'd be 5 or 6.  Very few OG TXis on there too.  Two of them just came back to that site that were on there, then gone for a few weeks.

I am shocked that the boat prices are staying high and postings for used boats is incredibly low.  And not just inboards.  I have flipped a few fishing boats every year for the last several years, and I have only seen one worth buying since all this happened.

25 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I am shocked that the boat prices are staying high and postings for used boats is incredibly low.  And not just inboards.  I have flipped a few fishing boats every year for the last several years, and I have only seen one worth buying since all this happened.

Boating is one of the few things that people can still do, and it seems to have been mostly lower income people in the service industry getting the shaft from the current problems.

4 hours ago, Zac said:

Are you finding it's mostly word of mouth?  Or is there a certain sales site that area uses?  I'm in BC and looking but not much listed on CL/Kijiji right now. 

Kijiji Alberta is showing some decent deals.  No fire sales, but very good deals.

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Kijiji Alberta is showing some decent deals.  No fire sales, but very good deals.

Maybe in Canada but I follow the used market very closely here in the Midwest and the prices have stayed the same if not crept up a bit and inventory is low.  

18 hours ago, RyanB said:

I just hopped on OnlyInboards to see what 23LSVs were going for.  There are only 6 (!!) listed 2004-2006.  I've never seen inventory that low.  And prices are all $38-42k which is crazy.

I had planned on selling mine next spring to upgrade but who knows what the market/economy looks like then.  I've got to put it up for sale just to see what might happen!

On 6/1/2020 at 5:17 PM, oldjeep said:

Not around here.

Not here either. Although Evinrude is being discontinued so perhaps there has been a drop in demand for outboards? 

51 minutes ago, Raleigh said:

Not here either. Although Evinrude is being discontinued so perhaps there has been a drop in demand for outboards? 

Evinrude was discontinued because nobody wanted a 2 stroke outboard

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

BRP uses that Rotax engine in all of their brands.  I heard they are working on or wanting to get that engine into an outboard application.  

21 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

True. The Yamaha 4 stroke that replaced my old Evinrude 2 stroke was night and day difference. Still kinda sad. Seemed like they had a newer decent engine that had lots of power and fuel efficiency. Still a 2 stroke though. 

I keep expecting prices to drop, but it's not happening. I've seen a few private party boats pulled the same day they were listed on CL. Seems like a good time for people who want to sell.

Had my boat on CL for a week and  both offers where way below what I wanted. Listed on only inboards and Had 4 full price offers in 24 hours. Used boat market is unreal. Boat rates are all time low  at 4%.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, footndale said:

Seems like a reasonable price.  I've seen several of them go for under 18K around here.

Dealers sell them for 19K, which would make 15K pretty reasonable in the private market

https://www.actionwater.com/inv/2003-Malibu-Sunsetter-Lxi-Hudsonville-2B654/

Edited by oldjeep
15 minutes ago, footndale said:

That's close to my hometown.  Its a 2003 but the fact that they photoshop'd the state out of the registration makes me think scam.  I sold my 2001 in 2010 for 19,500.   Still miss that boat .. it was a rocket to drive!