Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

1 hour ago, henrik said:

Agree. 

I have seen more scams than real vehicles being sold on Craigslist in the last month.  It's unreal.

The one thing I don't get about the majority of these scam boats is that the pictures are all taken at the same place.  I have seen those same bushes and parking lot in like 20 different boat ads .  I'm thinking it may be some kind of repo/liquidators and someone is grabbing up the pics and posting.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:42 AM, Cole2001 said:

Guy on planet Nautique is selling these ptm’s. Great deal! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PTM-Edge-ClampForce-Wakeboard-Racks-/282915735072?_ul=CA

I wonder how often these are sold outside of a (now typical) six figure boat purchase? Wakemakers sells them individually, so maybe somebody buys $4k board racks out of their checking account.  You can tie up at our dock with bungee racks.

4 hours ago, River Monsters said:

I wonder how often these are sold outside of a (now typical) six figure boat purchase? Wakemakers sells them individually, so maybe somebody buys $4k board racks out of their checking account.  You can tie up at our dock with bungee racks.

This is just one of the Nautique sponsored guys who got the new Roswell ones because of sponsorship.

these are one boat accessory I wouldn’t go without. 

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Hmm I’ve never seen an M on a random trailer before. Don’t think I’d be comfortable with that. 

I doubt too many people are trailering those things.  Looks like a yard trailer that they might throw in if you buy the overpriced boat on top of it ;)

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Hmm I’ve never seen an M on a random trailer before. Don’t think I’d be comfortable with that. 

What makes the M trailer different? Looks like a solid deal to me. At least it has the proper Fulton jack for a boat that size. 

14 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I doubt too many people are trailering those things.  Looks like a yard trailer that they might throw in if you buy the overpriced boat on top of it ;)

I agree, but I thought that was pretty low for a 17 M.  They're all over priced IMO, but I won't stir that pot.  Between the price, trailer, generic add, and lack of a direct contact I actually think it could be a scam.  

Edited by Ndawg12
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
9 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

What makes the M trailer different? Looks like a solid deal to me. At least it has the proper Fulton jack for a boat that size. 

Triple axel. 

The one we used last gear for a few events towed pretty good on the triple. 

Edit: just realized my first post said random. Should have said tandem. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
ahopkins22LSV
21 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

If you have a HD truck I wouldn’t be afraid of the tandem axle.

Truck doesn’t have anything to do with my concern. The weight of that boat over the axels is most likely more then what those axels are rated for. 

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Truck doesn’t have anything to do with my concern. The weight of that boat over the axels is most likely more then what those axels are rated for. 

Hard to see if those are 6 lug axles.  If they are - then 5K each and no problem.  Most boat trailers use 3500lb axles...which means that thing is over the axle weight rating.

I would rather pull a tandem 5K than a triple 3500, much easier to back.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I’ve got a boat mate tandem weighing in over 8000 and it tows pretty dam well. 

I have 5 lugs... Not exactly sure of axle ratings but you see G’s, RI’s, rzx3’s and supra SA’s on tandems all the time. Maybe Malibu guys are compensating for something:lol:

The reason I say having a HD truck is because the boat won’t pull the truck around as much and the smaller trucks don’t handle it. 

7 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

I’ve got a boat mate tandem weighing in over 8000 and it tows pretty dam well. 

I have 5 lugs... Not exactly sure of axle ratings but you see G’s, RI’s, rzx3’s and supra SA’s on tandems all the time. Maybe Malibu guys are compensating for something:lol:

The reason I say having a HD truck is because the boat won’t pull the truck around as much and the smaller trucks don’t handle it. 

Just for grins, take a picture of the capacity sticker on the trailer.  It looks like this

IMAG0203.jpg

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Just for grins, take a picture of the capacity sticker on the trailer.  It looks like this

IMAG0203.jpg

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m over loaded, but I’m sure we can also point out where a triple axle is too.