Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

5 minutes ago, RyanB said:

Salt water boat?

Yeah, it’s a Salt Series.  Not sure of the amount of time (if any) is has spent in salt,  but it only had 82 hours.  I doubt any long term or major damage has been done.  Looks pretty clean.

Edited by SCMike
28 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

the ultra rare 23 ft sunsetter vlx. 21 ft on an sv23 hull Lol

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/d/malibu-boat-sunsetter-vlx/6326336489.html

except that is actually is an SV23 Diamond Hull and doesn't say it is 21ft? Isn't other boats on the v25 hull that are not 25ft?

The specs in the resources say it is.......

Malibu Model:Sunsetter VLX

Year:2001

Length:21'

Beam:93"

Draft:18"

Weight:2900 Lbs.

Seating Capacity:11 Persons

Fuel Capacity:35 Gallons

Drive Type:V-Drive

Hull:SV23 Diamond

Going by memory, SV23 back in the day got it's name because of a 23 degree deadrise...It has nothing to do with length.  That ad is correct and the seller seems more knowledgeable than most, actually.

Edited by Sethro
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, QmanBu said:

except that is actually is an SV23 Diamond Hull and doesn't say it is 21ft? Isn't other boats on the v25 hull that are not 25ft?

Says luxury sport v on the transom.  That should make it an lsv since that is what lsv stands for.

Edited by oldjeep
7 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Says luxury sport v on the transom.  That should make it an lsv since that is what lsv stands for.

Sure, but Malibu put those stickers on others as well... I own a SS VLX and mine say the same thing and looking in the 01 brochure, it has a picture of it with the same decal. The boat listed a clearly a 21 due to no seat turn behind driver.

Maybe someone else will chime in on why malibu did that back then

The vlx's were sunsetters '01 and back. In '02 they were renamed sunscapes I believe. I could be wrong its happened before.

That boat was listed by Madison for quite a while. A little too high on price.

7 hours ago, jk13 said:

Not sure if that particular boat is legit but I probably wouldn't pay more than that for an Echelon with a broken motor and garbage trailer.

That is the most jacked up trailer I've ever seen!

That said - for the money (I'm guessing $2k will take it) you could get that thing going pretty cheap.  If you didn't need to trailer much, could be a sweet deal.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:43 PM, jrvs23 said:

https://rockford.craigslist.org/boa/d/malibu-skier/6340571731.html

Nice looking skier. Get someone on the water pretty cheap!

Not sure if this is the same boat as the post is gone, but I just picked up a blue '87 Skier south of Rockford. Really clean boat for 30 years old!

• Like 2
On 10/16/2017 at 7:32 PM, QmanBu said:

Yep.  SV23 hulls started on the Echelon back in 93 I believe and were used on everything smaller than 23 footers, which confusingly had what was known as the V25 hull.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:41 PM, Sethro said:

Going by memory, SV23 back in the day got it's name because of a 23 degree deadrise...It has nothing to do with length.  That ad is correct and the seller seems more knowledgeable than most, actually.

23 degree Vee entry.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:06 PM, QmanBu said:

Sure, but Malibu put those stickers on others as well... I own a SS VLX and mine say the same thing and looking in the 01 brochure, it has a picture of it with the same decal. The boat listed a clearly a 21 due to no seat turn behind driver.

Maybe someone else will chime in on why malibu did that back then

Our '01 too.  Naming was a bit odd there in '00 and '01.  The 23 footer was first known as the Escape LSV when it came out in '00.  At that point they already had a Sunsetter VLX.  For '01, the 23 foot Escape became the Sunscape 23 LSV while they also released the 25 LSV.  For 2002 when the VLX got it's new interior and deck, it became a Sunscape LSV and they added the numerical length designation... but the Wakesetter VLX was still a VLX with an identical deck and interior.  Further confusing things, you could get a Fakesetter, which was a Sunscape LSV with Wakesetter VLX graphics.  Made your head spin.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:14 PM, oldjeep said:

ok, color me wrong.  I was under the impression that Malibu only spelled out lsv on lsv's.  Also never heard of a non dd sunsetter. Confusing branding.

Sunsetter VLX came on the scene in 1996.  V for V-drive.  Was clear until they introduced the Escape, which makes things confusing.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, jrvs23 said:

The vlx's were sunsetters '01 and back. In '02 they were renamed sunscapes I believe. I could be wrong its happened before.

That boat was listed by Madison for quite a while. A little too high on price.

Yep, except for Wakesetters, which are still VLXes... well, two of them anyways...  which is confusing.  For 20 years, VLX was only one length.  Now there's a 21 and 22 and they're very different boats but still both called VLX.  strange

Edited by UWSkier
11 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

somebody please buy this before I'm tempted to bring home a project.  

No kidding!  If I wasn't neck deep in a house remodel that would be mine.

Edit:....and maybe if it was just a little bit closer....

Edited by Michigan boarder