Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 or 4 Blade Props..

spinxt

I currently have a 3 blade on my Response LX....are there any advantages of replacing it with a 4 blade? I've heard that 4 blades "grab" the water out of the hole better. What do you all think.

Chris

Some of the new 3 blade CNC props have blade area near or equal to that of a four blade. If you are still running the CVP stainless that was OEM you owe it to yourself to get a CNC prop. By far the best thing I have done to my boat.

I have a 4 blade on mine. It appears to have a little softer prop wash in the center of the wakes than a 3 blade.

The 4-b may lose a little top end but I never need to go faster than 34.2. :)

I agree with Clay. I have been running an ACME 4 blade for 2 seasons now. When I bent it last week I put my 3 blade spare on while it is being repaired. I definitely notice less of a hole shot with the 3 blade, granted mine is not one of the new ACME 3 blades. The 3 blade seems smoother in the mid range though, but is much easier to maintain speed with the 4 blade, especially while wakeboarding.

• 2 weeks later...

CNC'd 3 blade is the way to fly. Thumbup.gif More blade surface than a standard 4 blade = more holeshot than you can hang on to. Biggrin.gif

Brand? I have an OJ XMP 13 X 12 3 blade on my 00 Sporty and one of my ski buddies has the same dimension CNC'd ACME on his 99 Sporty and I defy anyone to feel a difference. They are both top notch companies putting out top notch props.

Good luck. :)

Go Acme 3 blade. The group buy on Acme is open until the 6-20, plus Acme wrote the book on CNC. All others are knock offs.

Michael, this thread is almost ten days old. What? Are you bored?

I wish I had a compelling reason to try a new prop, but I don't like the trade-offs for any benefits. ACME 13x12 seems about a perfect match for my hull.

Now, if ACME called and said they had a prop that would give me more holeshot, AND more top speed, AND hold better at ski speeds w/less RPM, AND produce a slightly softer slalom wake, AND smooth it out at little at 95 feet back. . .I'D TAKE IT! Love.gif