Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tundra 5.7 Crew Max -100K miles?

Arctic Slalom

Built better based on what? I'm approaching 90k on my truck and it's for the most part like new as well. Only difference is I have replaced nothing except for brakes. I think all trucks and cars are built better now and comparing to our previous vehicles isn't really fair no matter what brand.

You ask if it is really that reliable, and I can't really say. You also said you were a GM guy so there's this: me and two other foremans at work each bought one of three 2500 HDs from the company when they bought new ones. Two are still running with like half a million miles and I sold mine with 360k miles. they took way more abuse than any truck should. Way over loaded, frequent off roading, idle all day everyday, etc.

So that's all I buy.

Yes, $20K is a fair amount for used crew cab pickup. I can't find a CrewMax with lower cost though. VERY hard to find in North Dakota.

It seems like all the other crewmax's which are closer to me are more like $25-30K.

GM or Ford with similar mileage are about $3-4K cheaper than Toyota (and easier to find, fosho).

It is a volume game - you hardly ever see a Tundra on the road (Around here), and you see many Fords, Chevys and Dodges. Seems to be a regional thing as the Ford seems to be #1 around here, dodge second and you don't see many chevy 1/2 tons that are not service trucks.

As long as you are willing to pay 20K for a 100K mile truck because it is a Toyota, then that is all that matters. If you look around a bit, you can find some of the Tundras for around 25K that are years newer with about 1/2 the miles.

For that money I'd be buying something almost new (Only paid 28K for my 09 SLT Crew brand new)

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/ctd/4890083797.html

Edited by oldjeep

nice truck k-state! Black is classic.

paint looks fine from here!

as you know, we have NASTY winters up here in North Dakota. Ice, snow, gravel roads will expose weak paint in a hurry. I drive out to the oil field about once a month.

None of my buddies have mentioned the paint issue.

What size are those tires?

Looks like your neighbor is enjoying his Tundra, also! HA!

275/65/20 BFGATs.

The paint is fine just keep sealant on it, especially up in North Dakota where the weather can wreak havoc on any vehicle. I'm probably more critical of paint than most. I have OCD and love black. My reco would be get silver or dark grey, maybe even white.

When my fiance and I moved from San Antonio to KC I bought a 23ft Car hauler trailer, installed E rated tires on my Tundra and load leveling air bags. I loaded that baby up top to bottom with everything we owned. I did my best to figure weight thinking I was around 7K. When I got to Dallas (4 hrs from San Antonio) I weighed in at a station and found out my trailer completely loaded was 9120lbs. I had an additional 1400lbs in the bed of my truck.

I drove it 800 miles that day, got 8mpg and never gave it a second thought. Truck is a beast!

black_haulmark_trailer.JPG

• 2 weeks later...