Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Firefighter Olympics Nor-Cal

Mbrown

This year I am coordinating the Wakeboarding/Wakesurfing event for the California Firefighter Olympics. It will be held at Coyote Reservior near Morgan Hill on 7-17-06. Warm-ups start at 0830hrs. All competitors must be full time paid firefighters with department ID. Entry fee will be $40 in addition to $20 CFAA registration fee. Information will be coming soon on the cfaa.org website with online registration. Refreshments will be served Biggrin.gif . Families are very welcomed. Please PM me with your contact info so that we can fill the brackets and order the food. Participation is critical since lack of interest has excluded this event from the Olympics for 4 years. Hopefully, it's back to stay.

We also want to encourage sponsor support for prize donations. It is expected that 3000 people will be participating in all events through out the week. If anyone would like more info in terms of this event please PM me. If you would like more info regarding the Firefighter Olympics please visit the above mentioned website.

Oh Yeah! An 06 (sacked out) VLX will be pulling the event.

(helicopters standing by)

You should go to Wakeworld.com and post this under "Find a third, be a third". I ride with a few firemen on weekdays at Anderson that frequent the W.W. site.

You should go to Wakeworld.com and post this under "Find a third, be a third". I ride with a few firemen on weekdays at Anderson that frequent the W.W. site.

Sounds Good, It's already posted in the Wakeboarding discussion I will post a teaser in the forum you mentioned.

Pete, want to volunteer? PM your contact info we're gonna need some help.

Yeah,

I'll volunteer to pilot a helicopter. I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Seriously, I might have to work since it's on a Monday and I don't work for the city, county, or state. But, it might be a good way for me to get my Mobile Ski Boat Service.com name out there if I was volunteering.

I'll PM you my contact info. BTW, I know a professional wakeboard photographer if you know a professional chase boat driver. This is his site. Check out the "Wake" gallery and then check out the shot of the guy under the Golden Gate bridge, pretty sweet.

Edited by Pistol Pete

That's awesome. Good news for Malibu and the Firefighters.

If you've never been to Coyote, be careful. Driving in and out of the lake is a very windy and narrow road. If two boats pass each other on a corner, there'll be hell to pay.

Uhhh Ohhh,

I realized last night after checking with my cheif personal planner that the 17th would be the Monday after WOW. I'm not sure if I'd even be home by then. You better count me out. Sorry.

Uhhh Ohhh,

I realized last night after checking with my cheif personal planner that the 17th would be the Monday after WOW. I'm not sure if I'd even be home by then. You better count me out. Sorry.

Hey thanks for the contacts and advice, hopefully more of the Malibu community will want to volunteer. Is there any certified wakeboard event drivers out there?

OK, it's official. The website is updating daily so try to register. We need to get as many names in by the 18th as possible. Some prominent water sports companies may be providing demos as well as prizes. It should be a great event provided we continue to receive participant support. We want to encourage all interested parties, regardless of skill level, to participate. It will be a great lakeside event.

To get info go to cfaa.org, click summer games, click calendar, click wakeboard/wakesurf.

To register go to cfaa.org, click summer games, click register, fill in fields and proceed to last page, select wakeboard/ wakesurf.

See You There.

We need some more volunteers too!