Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

In the Market for Used Tow Vehicle

Tims

I am in the market for a used heavy duty tow vehicle and could use the Crew's help locating one. Criteria include:

Gas Engine

4WD

F250 350 / 2500 3500 Chevy / Dodge 2500 3500.

Extra Cab but open to regular cab

Lowest possible trim level (rubber floor)

100,000 miles or less

2000 or newer

Auto transmission

Southern or Western state vehicle would be nice.

Price $10K - $15K

If anyone knows of such a beast or looking to sell their current rig please let me know. The truck will sit most of the time and be mainly used for trips to Home Depot on the weekend and towing my boat a couple of times per year. I am also open to different criteria if someone can make a better case for a limited use truck.

Thanks

Edited by Tims

Best option for the $$$ would be a 2007 - 2009 Tundra Grade. Doesn't matter if the mileage is under 100K. 4wd Double Cab. Tons of room, reliability, power (5.7L 6spd trans). Towing beast.

Best option for the $$$ would be a 2007 - 2009 Tundra Grade. Doesn't matter if the mileage is under 100K. 4wd Double Cab. Tons of room, reliability, power (5.7L 6spd trans). Towing beast.

Ah yes, the recall days of the early Tundra...

Edited by tjklein

Would it be okay if I just went ahead and recommended something that is completely out of the scope of your very well defined requirements? Like maybe a Nissan frontier or possibly a peterbilt?

• Like 2

I'd also say stretch the boundries to a diesel. I dont have one. But lots of buddy's suburbans with them. I want to say cummins diesel and 4wd. Typically, I'm a ford guy, but I love towing with those bad boys. In general, easier more affordable maintenance?

Steve B.

Would it be okay if I just went ahead and recommended something that is completely out of the scope of your very well defined requirements? Like maybe a Nissan frontier or possibly a peterbilt?

Toyota Tacoma 2wd.

Tims,

All respect here but this is such wide search criteria. Wish you all the luck but it makes it difficult for us to help you. There are millions of vehicles within your specs.

I'd also say stretch the boundries to a diesel. I dont have one. But lots of buddy's suburbans with them. I want to say cummins diesel and 4wd. Typically, I'm a ford guy, but I love towing with those bad boys. In general, easier more affordable maintenance?

Steve B.

Budget, under 100k and diesel don't typically go together unless you want a grenade...

Tims,

All respect here but this is such wide search criteria. Wish you all the luck but it makes it difficult for us to help you. There are millions of vehicles within your specs.

Very true.

OK, Let's add price range between $10K and $15K and no stick with lower trim levels. (XL XLT)

• Like 1