Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F150 Interior Leak

MotoGPTy

Anyone here know anything about or have a F150? :lol: I kid...

With as many F150 owners/fans here I wanted to check and see if anyone else was having an interior water leak issue like I'm having on my 2013 SCrew FX4. See images/link below. The dealership has tried to seal the leak two times and have supposedly "water tested" both times but have still not found the issue. I'm getting concerned about electronic/wiring/unprotected metal issues later down the road that won't be covered by warranty. They have "caulked" a few places on the roof but have not addressed the sunroof or the brake light in the back of the cab which seem to be the only other sources for water to infiltrate.

Any advice when I talk with the service manager later today? At this point I'm ready to get rid of my first brand new vehicle after 15k miles and switching back to a trouble free Tundra like I used to have. So far I've had brake issues & a leak that can't be fixed in the first year I've owned the thing. I had to pay to upgrade to SD pads which so far has fixed the brake issue.

F150 Leak Pics

64BF9B65-BAF5-4CF4-A7F8-6E132A68077E_zps8BE24A5C-3C34-4C01-833C-3CE28ED179B9_zps

I'd look at the seal on the 3rd brake light. Common problem on the Rams, and a quick google search says that it is common on the F150's too.

Since you have a sunroof I'd also make sure the drain tubes are clear. I assume it doesn't freeze where you are, so you ought to be able to just put some water around the sunroof and make sure it drains.

Edited by oldjeep

I'd check the sunroof tubes. Our Expy would leak once a year if I didn't clean them out. Traded the truck in with all types of water marks on the headliner and pillar where you are showing.

I'd check the sunroof tubes. Our Expy would leak once a year if I didn't clean them out. Traded the truck in with all types of water marks on the headliner and pillar where you are showing.

My kids Grand Cherokee does the same thing every year too. The buds from the trees clog them up.

the brake problem, was that squeaking front brakes?

Pulsing. At 8-10k miles it developed an annoying pulse when under braking. They turned the rotors but IMO the factory pads were not wearing the rotors properly and left material behind. I went to a more aggressive Ford SD pad (same part # but SD on the front or end...I had to pay for these) and haven't had an issue since.

Edited by MotoGPTy

There was a TSB on the third brake light (roof). If dealer did not address this first, go to a better dealer. As for the Tundra comment above, well they have their own set of issues and problems.

• Like 2

3rd brake light may be the culprit. I did notice that it seemed to have condensation on it this afternoon once the sun was out. They will be inspecting the sunroof drains as well. The two other times I've taken it in they have only addressed the body joint above the door panel. Hard to explain what it is called but they attributed the leak to a faulty rivet in the past.

2 leaks? And the one in the rear is really bad.

I'd leave it at the dealer until they fix it and not pick it up until then.

That's ridiculous.

They will be inspecting the sunroof drains as well.

If you don't know how to check them then have the dealer show you. That is a maint item that you're not going to be wanting to make a trip to the dealer for every time you get some debris up in the sunroof channel. Typically a piece of weed whacker trim line works to clean them out.

If you don't know how to check them then have the dealer show you. That is a maint item that you're not going to be wanting to make a trip to the dealer for every time you get some debris up in the sunroof channel. Typically a piece of weed whacker trim line works to clean them out.

Spoke with the service manager yesterday about that. He said the fronts were easy to inspect/clean but the rears are a little more difficult because the sunroof doesn't slide back that far. Great tip on the trimmer line. Dropping it off tonight and picking it up Monday since we'll be out of town so they should have plenty of time to fix it.

I am going to be totally honest bro. I have owned 2 Tundras and now I am purchasing my 3rd (each of them I owned for 3-6 years) and Ive never even had so much as a piece of plastic out of place. Never used the warranty for anything other than service....just sayin'.

I am going to be honest as well bro. I have an f150 with zero issues. Glad we could have this talk.

I am going to be as well, owned an F150, Dodge 1500 and a Chevy Vortec. At the time, the F150 was the worst offender. I have heard they improved but proof is in the pudding. Good talk....

I can almost guarantee the drains run downt the interior of the "C" pillar panels.

Really? Usually they run down the A pillars and dump into the channel in front of the windshield.

Edit: Little google search says that the F150 actually runs down the a pillar and then all the way down through the side kick panel and also through the c pillars. Lots of tubes.

Edited by oldjeep