Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 f150

wheelman

Ok crew give it all to me, does anyone have a 2015 f150? I'm pretty sure im about to order one this weekend. I had a 2011 ram hemi that I was very happy with but it was time for it to go and with our canadian dollar being so low and all our trucks going down to the states I sold it for a deal I couldn't refuse and was convinced I was gonna buy a ram ecodiesel until I found a used lifted fully done 2011 ram 3500 diesel for another deal I couldn't refuse. Well I miss the half ton ride and have come to the understanding I don't need a 1 ton. So I thought I would get the ecodiesel until I drove the 2015 f150 ecoboost and I was blown away. Now I have never been a Ford boy but was never a dodge boy either untill I bought my 2011 and loved it Yes I was a Chevy guy for ever. I drove both the ecodiesel and the f150 the last 2 nights each twice and as much as I wanted it to be the ecodiesel because of the fuel mileage it doesn't come close to comparing to the f150 imho. So tell me am I missing anything?

• Like 2

Well if it's anything like my 2013 F150 Then I would jump on that , I'm waiting another year and I will buy a new one, By far the best truck I have ever owned, And yes a die hard Chevy guy all my driving life...You know it's not just a coincidence that most people are blown away buy the Eco-boost,( Not Fuel millage LOL ) but the towing power, And they really drive nice, I have not heard of anyone that really did not like it,

Edited by Wakesetter67

I drove a Ford 7.3 Powerstroke for 14 years wish I hadn't got rid of it, replaced it with a 2013 Tundra 5.7 V8 cause I enjoyed the power and ride. I wish I had towed my then boat on the test drive though. I've been able to get better gas mileage but it has cost more $. For 5.7 Tundra owners add a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, dual exhaust, and swap the 23gal tank for 46gal tank. Ford makes a great truck, proof will be in the Tow gas mileage you find out about. It has to be better than mine was stock.

• Like 2

I drove a Ford 7.3 Powerstroke for 14 years wish I hadn't got rid of it, replaced it with a 2013 Tundra 5.7 V8 cause I enjoyed the power and ride. I wish I had towed my then boat on the test drive though. I've been able to get better gas mileage but it has cost more $. For 5.7 Tundra owners add a throttle body spacer, cold air intake, dual exhaust, and swap the 23gal tank for 46gal tank. Ford makes a great truck, proof will be in the Tow gas mileage you find out about. It has to be better than mine was stock.

I like how everyone is so different. When buying a truck the LAST thing I am concerned about is the tow gas mileage. Maybe its because I have done the math on owning a diesel and it never comes out. That coupled with the fact that my daily commute is very short....wouldn't be good on a diesel.

I own a Titan, pretty sure that's not getting any better mileage than your Tundra.

:plus1: Even when we were towing thousands of miles with big enclosed trailers the math just didn't work until you were up in the 250,000 mile area. Now I have not done the math since the 70's but the price of gas today and diesel might be an issue again. Just hope we can keep cheaper gas.

The other thing I was not happy about was having the smell of the diesel in the garage and house.

And I know A stock gaser my not pull as well but we never ran stock pullers. And today the Eco has changed everything.

Give the 5.0L a fair shake. In most applications, it's the better choice than the Ecoboost. It's cheaper to buy, gets better MPG, has less newfangled tech to worry about, is almost as fast unloaded, and can tow a WakeSetter just fine. It also sounds much better. Ecoboost is a no-brainer if you tow at altitude.

Edited by UWSkier

Timing-wise, the new Titan will have been well past launch by the time I get a new rig. It will be interesting how these two stack up to each other. Think PU this time around, we'll see.

Well found one in stock local. Picking it up in 3 hours

Give the 5.0L a fair shake. In most applications, it's the better choice than the Ecoboost. It's cheaper to buy, gets better MPG, has less newfangled tech to worry about, is almost as fast unloaded, and can tow a WakeSetter just fine. It also sounds much better. Ecoboost is a no-brainer if you tow at altitude.

I don't agree with you on that, UW. Nothing against the 5.0L. It's a good mill and has been around for a long time. It's well proven. The 3.5L EB makes so much more torque in the low RPM range. It's really impressive and more like a diesel in that regard. You really need to wind up the 5.0L to get similar torque and ultimately for a typical truck buyer, the torque is what they're after. The 3.5L EB is proven albeit with some caveat. The 2.7L EB I'm not so sure about. I do however agree on the sound. The 5.0L sound is great.

Well found one in stock local. Picking it up in 3 hours

Congrats! Be sure to post some pics.

I've got the F150 Platinum 2009, with the 5.4 Ltr. I can't give any opinion on the ecoboost, but
have to tell you, Best truck owned to date . Rides and handles like a dream. Pulling the BU is
a breeze, don't even know the boats attached!

Love my truck! You'll definitely enjoy yours. Now post some pics! ...lol...

Edited by Dare2goBare