Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me figure out what's wrong with my tow vehicle. Challenge for all the mechanic types here

vanamp

Also check the wiring leading to the o2 sensor. We had a harness get melted up on my kids GC when it came loose and sat on the convertor.

The OBD Auto Doctor you are using will also show you the live sensor data - might need the pro version

Edited by oldjeep

I'm assuming the O2 sensor is an additional problem. Any possible correlation to the O2 sensor and the problem with stalling when getting off the freeway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming the O2 sensor is an additional problem. Any possible correlation to the O2 sensor and the problem with stalling when getting off the freeway?

Shouldn't be, if it is the downstream sensor. The only thing that is used for is so that the computer can see if the cat is working. Now if it was causing a short by arcing against something, then maybe. I suppose it is possible that the cat is restricted too.

How deep freezy is it? Enough to freeze and O2 sensor?

It's not too bad, single digits. Check engine light has been off and on since summer so it's not weather related. We don't drive the truck much it's just for towing the boat.

We are keeping the boat in garage this winter so I have to work on vehicles outside. I have had bad luck with vehicles this winter but luckily it's been pretty mild this year.

It's not too bad, single digits. Check engine light has been off and on since summer so it's not weather related. We don't drive the truck much it's just for towing the boat.

We are keeping the boat in garage this winter so I have to work on vehicles outside. I have had bad luck with vehicles this winter but luckily it's been pretty mild this year.

I hesitate to ask but what kinds of bad luck?

I hesitate to ask but what kinds of bad luck?

Nothing too major but I ended up having to do front and rear brakes on our small truck and then the tensioner pulley seized up on the serpentine belt so I had to replace that. Easy projects in the garage but it's a different story when it's 5 degrees and I'm stuck doing them in the driveway.

Luckily working on the trucks has been pretty easy. I used to have a Kia spectra that I am pretty sure was built from rusty parts right off the assembly line. After a few small jobs on that car and I feel like an expert at breaking loose rusted parts and its was only 5 Years old.

Nothing too major but I ended up having to do front and rear brakes on our small truck and then the tensioner pulley seized up on the serpentine belt so I had to replace that. Easy projects in the garage but it's a different story when it's 5 degrees and I'm stuck doing them in the driveway.

Luckily working on the trucks has been pretty easy. I used to have a Kia spectra that I am pretty sure was built from rusty parts right off the assembly line. After a few small jobs on that car and I feel like an expert at breaking loose rusted parts and its was only 5 Years old.

I am sure Kia (Hyundai) is better now, but that is one small reason why I opted to go with an Infiniti instead of a Hyundai recently, but it was a close battle.

I didn't read the whole thread but if your experiencing stalling when pulling off the freeway with no associated codes (that sensor code probably isnt related) then it very well could be a dirty throttle body.

Buy a can of throttle body cleaner and give it a good scrub with an old toothbrush.

I didn't read the whole thread but if your experiencing stalling when pulling off the freeway with no associated codes (that sensor code probably isnt related) then it very well could be a dirty throttle body.

Buy a can of throttle body cleaner and give it a good scrub with an old toothbrush.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot as soon as it gets above zero here in MN.