Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another F150 thread.....

saidainc

How many people have F150s  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What vehicle do you tow with?

• Ford 150 (or plan to)
    • Another better choice

True. The power comes on like any NA engine at much higher revs than the ecoboost, but I think we have been down this road before. Have you driven an ecoboost OJ? I am a NA v8 fan so it is a weird topic for me but there is no denying the instant on power of a properly boosted engine. I love my (relatively) gutless old 4.6 in my truck though because of how it sounds when I wind it up, so I am conflicted.

Nope, never driven one. I figure if I can pull a heavily loaded car trailer quickly off a light then it has enough low end for me. Just not a huge turbo fan, I keep my trucks for 150K + miles so the less junk to go wrong the better.

I've noticed something while I was shopping around for this tow vehicle...keep in mind I have owned four Fords and One Dodge...1993 Mustang 5.0 Fox Body, 2007 Mustang 4.6, 1993 Ford Bronco, 1969 Ford Bronco, Dodge Nitro (Still With Us)

I think the Chevys have aged much better than the Fords and Dodge. Its a toss up between Dodge and Ford, IMO.

The overall Silverado looks better to me than the 150's at 10 years or so of age. I think the 150's have had more of an aggressive style change than the Silverados. That makes the Fords look older. I saw a couple of Dodge Rams that did look too shabby.

Hold...while I get the popcorn

Edited by Afun

I've noticed something while I was shopping around for this tow vehicle...keep in mind I have owned four Fords and One Dodge...1993 Mustang 5.0 Fox Body, 2007 Mustang 4.6, 1993 Ford Bronco, 1969 Ford Bronco, Dodge Nitro (Still With Us)

I think the Chevys have aged much better than the Fords and Dodge. Its a toss up between Dodge and Ford, IMO.

The overall Silverado looks better to me than the 150's at 10 years or so of age. I think the 150's have had more of an aggressive style change than the Silverados. That makes the Fords look older. I saw a couple of Dodge Rams that did look too shabby.

Hold...while I get the popcorn

That really just comes down to taste. I liked the looks of my 02 (03?) F150 better than the new ones. Trying to make the front of the trucks look like a brick wall just doesn't appeal to me as much as something that has some flow to it. The chevys definitely don't seem to change much, not sure about the current version but in 09 when I bought my last truck the only thing I thought of the interior and dash was that it looked exactly like a 94 S-10 that I used to have.

So you are not going to believe this....I called the sales manager yesterday after test driving the truck at the beginning of the week. We finalized the numbers on the phone. Told him I would be there today. I called in the morning from the bank to find out who to make the cashiers check to. Then I called again to tell them I was on my way. I wanted to test drive the vehicle and look it over. I also wanted to give my daughter a ride. I took the truck for about half an hour. When I get back to the dealer the salesman and manager tell me they have bad news.....that theirs a guy inside with a check for the same amount to buy the vehicle I was test driving. I was floored. The guy had sold his vehicle and test drove this SS three times and finally made a decision. Story to continue....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are not going to believe this....I called the sales manager yesterday after test driving the truck at the beginning of the week. We finalized the numbers on the phone. Told him I would be there today. I called in the morning from the bank to find out who to make the cashiers check to. Then I called again to tell them I was on my way. I wanted to test drive the vehicle and look it over. I also wanted to give my daughter a ride. I took the truck for about half an hour. When I get back to the dealer the salesman and manager tell me they have bad news.....that theirs a guy inside with a check for the same amount to buy the vehicle I was test driving. I was floored. The guy had sold his vehicle and test drove this SS three times and finally made a decision. Story to continue....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arm wrestle him for it?

He who hands over the cash first - same reason you don't d*** around when buying a used boat. (Although it sounds like the other guy had been dicking around longer than you - he just started first)

Edited by oldjeep
ahopkins22LSV

That does suck, but I am not surprised at all. A verbal contract means nothing in the used car sales world I have had it happen a few times to me, but it just has to be a risk you acknowledge and are willing to take. If you had a deposit down holding your place in line then you have a the right to make a decision first, if the dealer is willing to do that.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Doh! Man that sucks! I know when I bought my malibu, I was questioned by people why I drove right over (3 hours) and made a deposit after looking at it. Thought I was jumping too fast.. sometimes you hafta grab or be willing to let stuff get away..

JEEZ...you guys aren't any good with Cliffhangers...I get the car because I showed up to the dealer first! I felt sorry for the guy. He had just sold his other vehicle to buy this one. He came out to shake my hand and told me to have fun with the Truck..." She's a beauty "

16640050356_9a65c0d0ab.jpg

Untitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

16478941040_f299d5279f.jpg

Untitled by Afun2011, on Flickr

Ha! Congrats! I think those tires look old. Should probably burn the rest of the tread off em and get new ones. More pics of course.
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Ha, you had me. These pics do it more justice. It looks awesome ! Have fun.

Steve B.

Me too lol. Nice purchase!

I love that generation Silverado, I am casually looking for one as well. Not an ss though. I am sure that would be a ton of fun to drive!

i thought this was an F150 thread. Disappointed to see that bowtie.

Now i may have to read ALL of the "F150" threads just to see if there is anything of value* in them.

* translation: Value = non F150

• Like 2

i thought this was an F150 thread. Disappointed to see that bowtie.

Now i may have to read ALL of the "F150" threads just to see if there is anything of value* in them.

* translation: Value = non F150

Nice signature...I can't believe thats your signature...is anybody ever going to forget about that