Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another F150 thread.....

saidainc

How many people have F150s  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What vehicle do you tow with?

• Ford 150 (or plan to)
    • Another better choice

They did. Although they're making a comeback. (and Nissan has a concept of the new 510, which they're calling the IDX or something like that)

I'm guessing he's either talking about a Dodge and autocorrect screwed him, or he's talking about a Nissan.

The Nissan/Infiniti VK56 is an OK motor. Doesn't really respond well to mods and in general isn't a workhorse. But the Titan hauls what it needs to haul and doesn't complain much. It's just not going to set any records. I have a couple friends that tow less than 6-7000lb trailers with them and they don't really complain, but they do all kind of agree that they would be better served with a diesel or something with a little more balls.

The Tundra is a pretty beefy little fella though, from what I understand.

My VK56 with 140k on the clock and nothing more than a BDGT is still considerably more sprightly than my brother's F150 5.0L and my dad's 2014 Sierra 5.3L. It doesn't get the mileage of the competition, but it has no problem performing with or better than the current standard V8s.

I'm looking forward to see what Nissan brings out for the non-XD Titans later this year.

Say more...

My F350 has 3 seats up front and 3 in the back. There is more legroom for both the front and back seat passengers than our Yukon

I kept it short as I can't snap a decent photo in the dark

Edited by Stevo

My pickup has 6 seats. You need to be under 5 ft to use one of them. Although when we haul the kids friends we normally put 4 skinny 6ft tall kids in the back seat.

My F350 has 3 seats up front and 3 in the back. There is more legroom for both the front and back seat passengers than our Yukon

I kept it short as I can't snap a decent photo in the dark

Good to hear other folks are putting 6 in pickups with the bench seat. I'm contemplating the same thing. It's either that or another full size suv. I just hate how much tow capacity you give up with the suv and my wife isn't thrilled to drive one. So I've been thinking 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500.

Edited by IXFE

My pickup has 6 seats. You need to be under 5 ft to use one of them. Although when we haul the kids friends we normally put 4 skinny 6ft tall kids in the back seat.

The center seat up front is best for someone <6ft but, this was one of the reasons I made the switch from a gmc 1500 quad cab, kids were in car seats still and being 6'4 I was forced to put my seat forward to the point when my knees were touching the dash.

Good to hear other folks are putting 6 in pickups with the bench seat. I'm contemplating the same thing. It's either that or another full size suv. I just hate how much tow capacity you give up with the suv and my wife isn't thrilled to drive one. So I've been thinking 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500.

The ride unloaded is night and day, I don't kid myself the F350 is stiff, and these California roads have us bouncing around when unloaded. I've had this truck about a yr and only put 7k miles on. But that's towing /hauling primarily.

Can't speak to the GM 2500 ride or pull, other than the 6.2L with the 6speed does a good job hauling.

Edit' also when we are 6 that includes at leas 2 kids under 7

Edited by Stevo

I've got a 2014 Silverado 1500 with the bench setup and it works ok if a kid is up front, and for short trips. It's not a true bench since it's really a stationary storage console with some padding that folds up, with two captains chairs on the sides.

post-27680-0-02238900-1424577508_thumb.j

post-27680-0-30649500-1424577527_thumb.j

I've got a 2014 Silverado 1500 with the bench setup and it works ok if a kid is up front, and for short trips. It's not a true bench since it's really a stationary storage console with some padding that folds up, with two captains chairs on the sides.

Hmmm... I don't love how the middle seat is only a lap belt. This would be the rig we take down to Shasta. Not sure I'm comfortable going that far like this.

Hmmm... I don't love how the middle seat is only a lap belt. This would be the rig we take down to Shasta. Not sure I'm comfortable going that far like this.

I don't like it either but we're only 5, so it works ok when a friend comes along for the 15 minute trip to the Willamette.

Driving to Shasta would be miserable in that seat - both the seat and back are hard and flat. I'm assuming this is the same setup in the 2500's but not positive.