Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Why are boat shows relegated to that other forum?

IXFE

I agree... honestly, I didn't even realize there was a boat show section until this post....

Haha... I didn't either until I posted some pics in that "Boat Show" thread (originally it was in the main Boat forum), then went back later that day see if others had shared their pics or comments. To my surprise, the thread was gone. I searched in every forum in the "Discussion" section and it was nowhere to be found. I guess the mods moved it. Not sure why. I thought the Boat forum was to talk about Boats, not cupholders, ancient Ford engines, and apology threads. But what do I know? :dontknow:

Well, there was a time when that forum was relatively active, particularly during boat show season. It made total sense to have it organized that way, but things have changed quite a bit over the past few years & a reorganization is in order. We just haven't had time to address it. When we do, I'm sure we'll hear complaints about that too.

• Like 2

Why not allow boat show topics, pics, etc. to be viewed & shared in the main Boat forum?

The Boat Show forum feels dead, which is a shame because there's a lot of boat good pictures over there.

Agree. I posted that thread and couldnt find it. I thought it was deleted until I did a little investigative work. Either way, I know where it is now, but I agree, others may not and will be missing some good info/pics.

Are you guys saying you wish there wasn't a Boat Show section or that you just wish the Boat Show threads showed up in the "Recently Added Posts" section so they would get more exposure?

Are you guys saying you wish there wasn't a Boat Show section or that you just wish the Boat Show threads showed up in the "Recently Added Posts" section so they would get more exposure?

Doesn't seem unreasonable that they appear in General, does it? I mean everything else does...

I guess I was just questioning why the thread was moved. It's got actual boat content in it. Sure, technically there is a forum that few know about called "Boat Show & Other Events" and technically a thread about Boat Shows might belong there. So I totally see the logic behind the move. Trust me, I'm not complaining. I've been on TMC for almost 7 years and this is the first time I've posted so much as one comment as Feedback. Please don't take this the wrong way.

I just thought it was ironic to move that thread, which is chalk full of good boat content, meanwhile we leave a 100 page thread about a dog wearing a sweater in the Boat forum (should be Off Topic)... right next to a thread about cub holders (should be Modifications & Accessories)... right next to an excercise thread (should be in Watersports)... right next to a guy welcoming boy #4 to the family (should be Off Topic). See what I mean? There's a lot of random stuff in that Boat forum that never gets moved. Frankly, I never minded all the non Boat stuff you let stay in the Boat forum. It just seemed ironic that you moved an actual Boat thread off to a forum almost nobody knows about (60 total topics in that forum since inception).

No biggie... I know where it is now, and hopefully others do too. It's fun to talk about all the new boats and see all the photos from the various shows!

And Wakegirl... I'm not complaining. And I won't complain when you reorganize either. I didn't complain when you created the Axis forum... Frankly, I thought that was genius, and it's now one of my favorites, despite not owning one. So there! :yahoo:

Thanks for all you mods do (and put up with). Seriously...

For some reason lately there have been many threads started in the wrong forums. This is actually a PITA for Admins/Mods to monitor and move over and over. Do we get every wrong thread moved? Most likely not. As you know, it's sometimes hard to find any info you are looking for after it gets moved to the correct forum. We have the option of leaving a link in the wrong forum but don't so as to not clutter up the forums with all the threads that get moved (and there are many that get moved). Many times a thread will start in the wrong forum and be moved only to continue off topic so it looks to be in the wrong forum again. This is one of the reasons we like to keep threads on topic. I don't recall the thread you are concerned about but it was evidently considered in the wrong forum or borderline at the time it was moved. Instead of a member scanning the list of forums for a thread that has been moved, they might try the "Find New Content" button, if the thread has been responded to it will show up in that search. If that member goes through each forum searching for a topic, I can see where this might be a problem and the Find New Content button might help you navigate the threads that have been posted to since your last visit. As far as the Boat Show forum, it's small only because members don't post about the shows as much as topics in the more popular forums. If you don't scan that forum yourself, it doesn't mean that that forum isn't read and used by other members.

• Like 3