Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do you remove your old registration stickers?

I'm wondering if there is a good product or tool for removing the old registration stickers that you have to stick to your hull. I got my new stickers for the year and don't want to slap the stick on top of the old one. I do that on my Sea Doo and after a few years the stack of stickers looks really sloppy.

Wakegirl is right, except I use hair dryer and goo gone. I think anything to heat up the sticker to help peel it off and something to take off the sticky stuff will work. Good luck.

Wow--I just read all of that old post. CA stickers must be tough stuff. I just peeled the IN one off the one we bought and no problem, all in one piece. Did use a hair dryer on one side, but since it was 85 degrees tried it without on the other side. The reg. numbers were a little harder since they had a very small outline. Krud Kutter and I only had Goo Gone for Crayon for the residue, but neither worked as well as the credit card and my fingernail. Will have to try the real goo gone to get off the temp numbers if my Domed Numbers ever get here.

Peeled off the top layer by using a credit card to get it started. Soaked it with sticker off while I loaded the boat. A little more rubbing with goo gone and sticker off alternately with a dry portion of the towel and it was clean as new in about 2 minutes. Cleaned & prep'd the area with sticker on, then dried. Good as new.

'89 - I've got a nearly full bottle if you just want to try it on your temp stickers. Let me know.

Peeled off the top layer by using a credit card to get it started. Soaked it with sticker off while I loaded the boat. A little more rubbing with goo gone and sticker off alternately with a dry portion of the towel and it was clean as new in about 2 minutes. Cleaned & prep'd the area with sticker on, then dried. Good as new.

'89 - I've got a nearly full bottle if you just want to try it on your temp stickers. Let me know.

My Domed Numbers arrived yesterday afternoon. Just pulled off one of the temp numbers and no problem--they were only on since Memorial Day. Can't wait to get the domed ones on. We leave for Cumberland tomorrow when the school bell rings Yahoo.gif

We leave for Cumberland tomorrow when the school bell rings Yahoo.gif

Have a great trip... I'm jealous.

I did get out behind the boat at the wash-tub called Caesars on Monday. We were there pretty early & left by 1P. We spent much of the time in the no wake cove to let the nephews swim & play.

Just save the hassles of heat guns and glue removers and get another new boat. Crazy.gif

Best advice yet! I just wish I could afford that solution.