Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Truck: Want Extras: Spend My $

WakingMeHappy

Totally agree. I've had both. I prefer the huskies for sure. In fact, I think weathertechs stink but I was staying quiet. After a few years they no longer conform well, don't "hold" much", bend easier, curl, etc.

I have the "Original style" Husky liners in my Yukon XL; front, middle, rear and cargo area. No complaints other than the drivers one has a tendency to move around a bit. Should be the first accessory added to all new vehicles in my mind. I was going to try Weathertech in the Avalanche but my brother in law bought me a set of the Husky "Weatherbeaters", much nicer fit than the classic style and stay in place better.

• Like 1

Here are the LEDs I added to the bed on my Avalanche. Purchased a roll of 5 meters (16feet) for around $12 off of eBay, they have 3M adhesive on the back side but I ended up using a little 3M Plastic and Emblem adhesive as well to help them stick. Added a tilt switch inside the tailgate so that they would come on when you lower it. Also added an override switch to the inside of the bed so if the tailgate was down i could shut the lights off.

post-17874-0-23379900-1420575847_thumb.j

post-17874-0-78831100-1420575863_thumb.j

post-17874-0-97848000-1420575882_thumb.j

Here are the LEDs I added to the bed on my Avalanche. Purchased a roll of 5 meters (16feet) for around $12 off of eBay, they have 3M adhesive on the back side but I ended up using a little 3M Plastic and Emblem adhesive as well to help them stick. Added a tilt switch inside the tailgate so that they would come on when you lower it. Also added an override switch to the inside of the bed so if the tailgate was down i could shut the lights off.

That's a sweet set up. How did you run the wires out of the bed and did you just use an existing fuse?

That's a sweet set up. How did you run the wires out of the bed and did you just use an existing fuse?

For power I tapped into the constant power wire in the 7-way plug of the trailer lights.

For the tilt switch there was already wires in the tailgate for the power lock, i just followed where those wires went in.

To get to the top of the bed rails I ran the wires up behind the drivers side taillight, then at the front of the bed used a jumper wire to jump from drivers side over to the passengers side.

• Like 1

^^ No constant power at the 7 way on a Ford. It's ignition switched unlike your GM. Nice project though!

When we do dome lights in Ford beds we run right to the battery with a waterproof fuse holder. Wire exits bed behind the driver side tail lamp.

• Like 1

+1 on going with the Husky Liners instead of the Weathertech. Had them both. The Weathertech liner didn't have the nubs on the bottom, and the passenger one slid around since it didn't have the safety hook like the driver mat. And, the Husky Liners are make here in Kansas!

• Like 1

I'm a fan of weathertech liners and have had them in three vehicles. I will say that I had to "customize" the driver's mat with a utility knife on my civic because when depressed, the clutch pedal would sometimes catch in the liner. no bueno!

Not sure I want a liner. I think a simple floor map will do.

I have the factory all weather mats in mine (came with them), and I have no complaints. I have the rear mat as well, and it runs the whole width of the truck in one piece.

I have husky liners in my Titan and I am extremely happy with them. I think they look better then the weather tecs.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I'm with you IXFE. I just want something that will give general coverage and protection. I keep a couple of towels under the rear seat for those times when I have really muddy boots. I just spread the towel over the floor area for the drive home. For the back floor I do like the full coverage because of gear and kids. Your OEM mats might be what I'm looking for.

I'm with you IXFE. I just want something that will give general coverage and protection. I keep a couple of towels under the rear seat for those times when I have really muddy boots. I just spread the towel over the floor area for the drive home. For the back floor I do like the full coverage because of gear and kids. Your OEM mats might be what I'm looking for.

I have the same mats as IXFE in my FX4. I really like them. I too have had the weather tech mats and while they offer some benefit, I have a hard time paying the premium when I can get the OEM look for a nominal value. As long as you remove them and clean them regularly, it's all good. Since you're in MS, you don't have to worry about snow, salt, and ice like we do here. It just means I have to clean mine more frequently. It's a worthy $75 to spend.

Bozboat, I have not seen that before but I like it. I don't like it enough to pay upwards of $200 though. I found another one for a little less cash and they probably have the same storage space. I'll have to give it some thought.

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ford_truck/OEM-Ford-F-150-Cargo-Organizer-PRD35750.aspx

I thought that's where your subs are supposed to go!

Haha. Leaving the sound system as is. Some people don't like what Ford puts in but it sounds great to me.
  • Like 2

The factory sub says 750w on it, but it can't possibly be more than 7.5 watts

Edit

700w not 750w so 7.0

I still like it even if it's not banging SD Style

Edited by Bozboat

Haha. Leaving the sound system as is. Some people don't like what Ford puts in but it sounds great to me.

I tend to agree with you. The Sony system is really good for a factory system... Light years ahead of the Bose system in my new Chevy SS.

Here's a cheap, easy tip to making the factory sub sound better.

http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/19-f150-ecoboost-electronics/842-f150-sony-sub-woofer-box-poly-fil-how-w-pics.html

• Like 3