Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First time

Guest M@LIBU

Alright, well this weekend i will be taking the Bu' out for the first time to put some hours on the motor Yahoo.gif . Does anybody have any tips on what to do or what not to do in the first ten hours of operation? Thanks!

As per Indmar OM:

1. For the first hour, do not exceed 2000 RPM; vary and RPM continuously.

2. For the second hour, do not exceed 3000 RPM and vary RPM;

3. For the next five hours, do not exceed 4000 RPM and vary RPM.

4. After 10 - 20 hours, change your oil and filter.

During the first 7 hours, do not pull or carry heavy charges or fill ballast or pull down wedge.

Have Fun... Yahoo.gif

Take a notepad & pen along with you. In the first 20ish hours, you usually find a few things that need fixing. Some will be easy to take care of in your driveway, others the dealer will need to address. If you have a running list, it will be easier to tell them when you take it in for the 10 hour service.

And unless they've changed things since last fall, no break in is required on the Hammerhead. Yahoo.gif

Guest M@LIBU

Hey you guys are Awsome! I should have mentioned the boat has the 340 monsoon. So Ill follow the hourly/RPM schedule and hopefully all goes well. Thanks a million and ill try and get some pics taken for my gallery this weekend!

Hey you guys are Awsome! I should have mentioned the boat has the 340 monsoon. So Ill follow the hourly/RPM schedule and hopefully all goes well. Thanks a million and ill try and get some pics taken for my gallery this weekend!

Don't bother, run it hard and have fun. If you think your dealer or malibu follows indmar's break in your crazy.

Chris