Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow vehicle

pknappe

Baws, I'm not worried about AL fires except for the impact how insurance companies may pass that on in increased ins rates. Was wondering if anyone had priced the difference between a '14 and a '15 for ins premiums. The new 150 is a top contender for me.

I have been involved in an AL fire, a helicopter in Iraq.... It's scary amazing. Burns like wood, all the way to ground. All that's left is any steel structure And parts..

Been a Chevy guy since 1980. Had 5 Suburbans, 1 Denali, & a Nissan Titan V8 Once I test drove a 2013 Eco F 150 I was hooked, By Far my all time favorite truck, I will not even look at a Chevy or any other truck now, Tempted to test drive the new 2015 But chose a new VLX instead, To me what impressed me the most is the hills, Fully loaded with boat and gear, About midway up the hill doing the speed limit and rolling on the gas and next thing you know your letting off 85 MPH just like that.. Fuel millage not as good if you mess with them, Bigger tires level kit etc, I have 22000 on mine and I get on a good tank an ave of 16 to 17 city/hwy Towing when you old boatmate trailers brakes aren't dragging about 12 MPG I dont think I have ever been excited over a truck as much as I'm with this one! I will try and pick up a 2015 next December..

Guy from work has the same truck. that red leather looks good!

IFXE gets done telling us the reason he got his truck is he loves having stuff no one else does, then you drop this. :rofl:

• Like 2

IFXE gets done telling us the reason he got his truck is he loves having stuff no one else does, then you drop this. :rofl:

Dude, you didn't honestly think I meant one of a kind, did you? Just a little different from the other 500 Platinums I see on a daily basis.

All I can speak about is the nw, but if you keep your eye out you can get a 3/4 ton ram diesel for about the price of a half ton chevy/ford. Granted it is not loaded. No leather/nav. But I have pretty much everything else I could possibly need. I was otd for under 35k, no bs.

When I bought this pickup it was too good of a deal to pass up, I put around 30k miles on my pickup a year so the reliability of the diesel is a no brainer. I do oil changes/fuel filter changes and the thing just runs.

Just recently did emissions delete and I'm seeing 20 mpg hwy and 16.5 in town. Haven't towed the boat yet, so that will be interesting to see.

Big thing for me was resale, no matter the brand, 1/2 tons with 100k miles take a huge hit.

You will see 3/4 ton diesels on Craigslist for 25k-30k with 125k-200k miles on them all day long.

Tows like a dream, No brainer for me.

• Like 2

Right? It's only like 1000 miles away too. Better get a new one!

All I can speak about is the nw, but if you keep your eye out you can get a 3/4 ton ram diesel for about the price of a half ton chevy/ford. Granted it is not loaded. No leather/nav. But I have pretty much everything else I could possibly need. I was otd for under 35k, no bs.

When I bought this pickup it was too good of a deal to pass up, I put around 30k miles on my pickup a year so the reliability of the diesel is a no brainer. I do oil changes/fuel filter changes and the thing just runs.

Just recently did emissions delete and I'm seeing 20 mpg hwy and 16.5 in town. Haven't towed the boat yet, so that will be interesting to see.

Big thing for me was resale, no matter the brand, 1/2 tons with 100k miles take a huge hit.

You will see 3/4 ton diesels on Craigslist for 25k-30k with 125k-200k miles on them all day long.

Tows like a dream, No brainer for me.

Short trip/errands lead to problems with diesels for me, so I switched from back from diesel to gas trucks after figuring out that a diesel would not warm up on my short 2 mile commute to work.

• Like 3

I keep eyeballing 4x4 F250's with the 7.3 every month or so. I don't think I could bring myself to consider a 6.0.

I'd love an older Cummin's Dodge, but... I hate the interior, and I hate working on them.

And if I'm going to have a half ton, I might as well keep Big Ugly and drop a 6.0L in there with a cam.... and maybe a supercharger. lol

Short trip/errands lead to problems with diesels for me, so I switched from back from diesel to gas trucks after figuring out that a diesel would not warm up on my short 2 mile commute to work.

Two mile commute? That's what skateboards are for! Or bicycles.

Everything is bigger in Texas, remember Shawn? That means the miles are longer.

And what upstanding Texan would ride a bike? its mandatory to burn oil everywhere you go.

• Like 2

Everything is bigger in Texas, remember Shawn? That means the miles are longer.

And what upstanding Texan would ride a bike? its mandatory to burn oil everywhere you go.

And run a Prius off the road once a week.

Civic duty and all that....

• Like 3

Been a Chevy guy since 1980. Had 5 Suburbans, 1 Denali, & a Nissan Titan V8 Once I test drove a 2013 Eco F 150 I was hooked, By Far my all time favorite truck, I will not even look at a Chevy or any other truck now, Tempted to test drive the new 2015 But chose a new VLX instead, To me what impressed me the most is the hills, Fully loaded with boat and gear, About midway up the hill doing the speed limit and rolling on the gas and next thing you know your letting off 85 MPH just like that.. Fuel millage not as good if you mess with them, Bigger tires level kit etc, I have 22000 on mine and I get on a good tank an ave of 16 to 17 city/hwy Towing when you old boatmate trailers brakes aren't dragging about 12 MPG I dont think I have ever been excited over a truck as much as I'm with this one! I will try and pick up a 2015 next December..

I completely agree with you. However, if you're thinking of a new, aluminum F150 you may want to consider waiting until the next generation transmission comes to market. GM and Ford and jointly working on transmission technology that I think is coming to market in model year 2017. Something to think about and also part of the reason I got out of my lease early and into a 2014 vs. a 2015. Otherwise, I think your comments are right on.

• Like 1

Yeah the diesel is the wrong weapon for a 2 mile commute

• Like 1

Two mile commute? That's what skateboards are for! Or bicycles.

I nearly clobbered this guy with my $810 mirror the other evening, speed limit for trucks going uphill is 45, not sure he wasnt't going at least that coming down the hill

1E360C6C-3C9E-44EE-AFBB-65F321898B1C_zps

I completely agree with you. However, if you're thinking of a new, aluminum F150 you may want to consider waiting until the next generation transmission comes to market. GM and Ford and jointly working on transmission technology that I think is coming to market in model year 2017. Something to think about and also part of the reason I got out of my lease early and into a 2014 vs. a 2015. Otherwise, I think your comments are right on.

Thanks for the update, Ya story of my life , Buying something and then the next year all the new stuff comes out, At least on my 2015 VLX I got in at the right time!!

My tow rig and DD is a Ram 2500 Diesel. I borrowed my buddies EcoBoost for the weekend.

Back to back with my truck it had plenty of power and get up and go. The only time I missed my Ram 2500 is in the corners I could feel the boat a lot more and it made me more tentative. Might even be a good thing as I usually take corners at full speed with my truck. My boat had a ton of tongue weight at the time and that would have been a big factor.

Now that its winter I hate waiting for the truck to warm up so the darn heater will work. And its about as fuel efficient as a Kuwaiti oil fire. Its still a torque monster and a buzz to drive, especially towing.

EB is the right answer, but I still like my 3/4 ton. Those Denali 1500 6.2's are pretty sexy too.

My tow rig and DD is a Ram 2500 Diesel. I borrowed my buddies EcoBoost for the weekend.

Back to back with my truck it had plenty of power and get up and go. The only time I missed my Ram 2500 is in the corners I could feel the boat a lot more and it made me more tentative. Might even be a good thing as I usually take corners at full speed with my truck. My boat had a ton of tongue weight at the time and that would have been a big factor.

Now that its winter I hate waiting for the truck to warm up so the darn heater will work. And its about as fuel efficient as a Kuwaiti oil fire. Its still a torque monster and a buzz to drive, especially towing.

EB is the right answer, but I still like my 3/4 ton. Those Denali 1500 6.2's are pretty sexy too.

do you have a 6.7 or 5.9?

I drove an Eco 2.7 and a 3.5.

Quite possibly the most luxurious truck I had ever been in. Very impressed and overwhelmed a bit.

The 3.5 was about the same as what I was used to power wise, I was shocked by the 2.7! That thing is a might mouse man. Holy crap! Was all I was thinking.

There was so much going on in the higher end truck that I felt a bit out of place and didn't know what to do at first. It's a major departure from most things Ford.....and I have been with Ford for many years. From the 360 view camera , to the 3/4 glass roof. It's the real deal

The steering was super precise and very isolated from road input, not numb feeling, just way more precise . It really gave it a high end luxury car feel. That was the one thing that really struck me that this is a different sort of truck. Power tailgate and new built in step configuration is wayyyy cool. There is just so many little things that would take me hours to go through.

The one thing that has puzzled me since the drive.....somehow the have managed to make the V6 engines sound like a throaty V8......or more so than the previous version. I have heard rumors that they are using sound wave cancellation through the interior speakers on the higher models to cancel the unwanted pulsation a of the V6 and give it a meaty rumble under accel....and that's the only time you really notice it ....when you flog on it a bit.

I have inquired with several engineers about this and can't get a straight answer yet. They deny that they are using to audio system to duplicate a more throaty sound. Guess I'll have to find out myself .

• Like 3