Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow vehicle

pknappe

Maybe so... But it sucked from the start... 15ish on a good day. I ain't complaining, mind you. Arguing about 14 vs 16 or whatever... Who cares??

Exactly since it's going to get even less towing a boat. Even better still, the boat is going to get worse mileage than the truck!

Maybe so... But it sucked from the start... 15ish on a good day. I ain't complaining, mind you. Arguing about 14 vs 16 or whatever... Who cares??

We have 2 of them at work and neither one gets anywhere near the advertised mileage.

I have found that even with my boring old 4.6 naturally aspirated that I have to drive carefully to get the epa numbers. Add a turbo or two and "normal" driving (not an epa test cycle) and you are unlikely to get epa numbers. Obviously all of the brands are going to work to get the highest numbers possible for their cafe rating, so they program/engineer them to do well on the known epa cycle. Your results WILL vary. I have noticed in the magazine tests the editors complaining of lazy shifting in the gm trucks. You think gm did that so that people would review them poorly? Nope. Epa.

I think people that complain about ecoboost economy expect too much.

You've got to consider that this engine performs with or better than the big engine options and still gets decent economy doing it.

economy is going to be dictated by the size of the vehicle, aerodynamics, and how your drive. Or simply stated physics. Running a smaller engine has slightly less internal resistance and the power is made up by adding a turbo charger. The turbo can actually add a slight abount of efficiency as the engine doesn't have to pull as much air with the higher pressure. But when the engine is in boost to make the pressure, you are typically running it hard anyway. The people that complain about not getting the rated mpg's with the ecoboost usually end their statements with "but it runs like a beast when you get on it". And they probably get on it alot. Run it in the "6-cyl" mode, it will probably pick up a couple mpg's. Expecting the ecoboost to be the silver bullet of gas mileage is asking a lot. Most IC engines are in the 30% range anyway...

For anyone with one of these eco-things, what kind of mileage do you get one a long road trip? I just got back from a 1500 mile trip. 1300 was highway, and that part of the trip was 19.2 MPG. Cruising 65-75, depending on the area. Sierra 4x4, Crew, 3.42, 6.2L, 2 people and about 500 pounds of stuff.

My dad has made the trek from Michigan to Wyoming and back in his 13 ecoboost f150 twice now and this latest trip was him, 2 passengers and 3 dead critters plus gear and he got around 18 on the way out and just under 20 on the way back. That's averaging closer to 75-80. Xlt 4x4 3.73 rear. He has a cap on the bed. He gets closer to 15-16 around town. Stock tires.

My brother is running a new Expedition Eco. he is getting 18mpg overall. Hope to get some runs with the 23' enclosed snowmobile trailer very soon.

He said he likes it much more then last years 5.4 V8.