Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 Owners

FreshTracks

I have the HH. From the factory it came with 13.5 x 16. I want more holeshot, what are you using? Thanks.

The Acme 1235 would work as well. It will give you a little better hole shot but you may loose a little bit on top end. I think if you called Eric (ojprops) and Bill (ACME) that they would be able to help you out greatly. But first run the boat fully loaded to see how it performs.

We are at altitude, and went from the stock 13.5x17.5 to a better 13.5x16. Much better hole shot, but a little too much top end gone, we are going to change it out for the 13.5x16.5 when we hit the 20 hour mark, which should be next weekend.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/millertw23/a...m/ph//my_photos

Edited by millertw
We are at altitude, and went from the stock 13.5x17.5 to a better 13.5x16. Much better hole shot, but a little too much top end gone, we are going to change it out for the 13.5x16.5 when we hit the 20 hour mark, which should be next weekend.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/millertw23/a...m/ph//my_photos

What are you running now 537 or 1125?

We switched form the 13.5x17.5 (381) to the 13.5x16 (537). We went from 4600RPM to 5000RPM and lost no top end. Holeshot was much better.

Our boat is getting the 20 hour service, I'll be sure to ask the guys at the shop what they are putting on it. Do I have that right 13.5x16 gives the better hole shot at altitude??? I can't remember which way it went.

Our boat is getting the 20 hour service, I'll be sure to ask the guys at the shop what they are putting on it. Do I have that right 13.5x16 gives the better hole shot at altitude??? I can't remember which way it went.

Right. The smaller number gives better holeshot. That said, Acme has 3 versions of the 13.5x16:

537 - 13.5 x 16 .105 cup

1125 - 13.5 x 16 .150 cup

1161 - 13.5 x 16 .135 cup

The larger the cup, the more holeshot as well.

I called Acme and they recommended the 537 in my application, but I rarely run over 2,000ft elevation. Maybe the 1125 or the new 1235 - 14.5 x 14.25 .105 cup might be a better choice. The 1235 is Amce's new prop and it has a lot of holeshot, you just lose about 3-4 mph on top.

We have the ( 53T-13.5x16 YL1 1/8). on, and it is lacking a litttle too much on the top end. When we go from about 80% to 100% there is really no difference in speed, but there is a lot of noise. Im not sure what's going on, but I have heard some things about an air pocket being created, so there is no more forward push?? Anyone know anything about this???

We are waiting to hear back from Bill at ACME, on which prop he recommend for the 247 with the 8.1L at 5200 ft.

I'm waiting to hear what they tell you as well. I am trying a few new props from acme, I'll let you know if I find a good one

--your high altitude 247 evil cousin

I ended up talking to Jim at acme, and his is overnighting us a 1235, 14.5x14.25 with a little cup added, in order to keep the rpms where the stock prop would have them. He said we will love the hole shot, and the cavitation problem with the 13.5x16 problem will be gone. We sure hope he is right. Looking forward to this weekend and the results. If you guys have any questions, Jim and Bill at ACME are their sales engineers. Can get better advice than from an engineer about propellers. ACME 888/661-2263

I ended up talking to Jim at acme, and his is overnighting us a 1235, 14.5x14.25 with a little cup added, in order to keep the rpms where the stock prop would have them. He said we will love the hole shot, and the cavitation problem with the 13.5x16 problem will be gone. We sure hope he is right. Looking forward to this weekend and the results. If you guys have any questions, Jim and Bill at ACME are their sales engineers. Can get better advice than from an engineer about propellers. ACME 888/661-2263

Please keep us posted on this go's. Also make a mental note of how the wash out is with both props at different speeds, bow rise, center roost.

Well we found the right prop for our boat. Again we have the 247 with the 8.1 at 5200 ft. The stock prop was lacking hole shot big time, and the second prop, acme 13.5x16 was cavitating at higher RPM's. So I called and spoke to Jim at ACME, told him what was happening. And he recommended the ACME 1235. Now this is a 14.5 which he had a little cup added to help the top end. Our boat now, has a much better hole shot, and is responsive throughout the entire rpm range. We are topping out at 43 or so, with the engine turning 4700 rpm's. We couldn't be happier. Again call Jim or Bill if you have any questions, that is what they are there for. 1 888-661-2263. The prop is so important, I'm suprised Malibu doens't work more closely with ACME to make sure their boats leave with the right one.

amazing---same thing for me last weekend. The 1235 is the answer. I got almost the exact speed and rpms as Millertw reported. I suggested to the dealer to sell them with that prop stock. I think I'll get another as a spare. It changed the 247 8.1L with the stock prop from a ford tempo into a 911. Very happy and very excited. Now let's get some weight in that thang!